Company Name: Cricket Media
Name of Company: Cricket Media
Company Industries:Online Teaching
Corporate Address:Street: 1751 Pinnacle Drive
Postal Code: 22102
We are Cricket Media®, a global education company creating high-quality print and online learning products for children, adults, families, mentors, teachers, and partners that improve learning opportunities for everyone. Led by our 9 award-winning children’s magazines and our customizable research-tested collaborative learning programs, including NeuLingo, NeuABC, and Fluent City language learning, and CricketTogether and TryEngineering Together eMentoring platforms, we are committed to creating and supporting innovative learning experiences that help children and adults safely explore and engage with their expanding world.
To learn more about Cricket Media®, please visit www.cricketmedia.com.
About the opportunity:
Cricket Media is looking for super passionate instructors interested in enriching work they can do remotely. As a Cricket instructor, you will teach learners remotely using a communicative method, leveraging your creativity to maintain high levels of motivation with all learners. Your schedule is completely up to you. You will have the flexibility to select time slots that best fit your schedule (as many as you like).
Teaching opportunities are available in the following subjects:
- Foreign Language – adult learners (Spanish, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Arabic, Hebrew, Japanese, Chinese, Russian)
- Mandarin Chinese – K-8 learners
- ESL – adult and K-5 learners
- Math – K-12 learners
What you’ll be doing:
- Opt in and maintain consistent availability to teach individual learners or small groups online.
- Familiarize yourself with language-learning teaching modules, and supplement the provided materials with additional recommended resources personalized to your learners’ needs and interests.
- In cases when materials are not provided (i.e., math tutoring), prepare and customize instruction based on your learners’ needs and interests.
- Log all lessons, assignments, and learners’ progress.
- Share student updates and progress reports with authorized Cricket staff.
- Deliver exceptional learning experiences and outcomes for all learners.
- Monitor and encourage student activity, motivation, and progress.
- Communicate in a clear, timely, and service-oriented manner with all learners, parents/guardians, and Cricket team members.
- Maintain excellent professionalism, strong organizational skills, and high attention to detail.
- Subject-matter expertise required
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher preferred
- Previous online teaching experience
- Experience developing/building/editing curriculum preferred
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Computer, webcam, and microphone with reliable high-speed internet connection
- Comfort and proficiency with technology and eagerness to experiment with new tools
- Must have minimum availability of 4-10 hours per week (depending on program)
- Enthusiastic, open-minded, “can-do” attitude
- Compassionate, confident, and respectful leader
- Efficient time management
- Outstanding critical-thinking abilities
- Must submit to a Criminal Background Screening
Status: Independent Contractors
Location: U.S.A. and Canada – Remote
Per Session Contract Rates: Vary based on teaching experience