Guide For Working At ALO7
This is a complete guide for those of you that want to work at ALO7. If you’re ready to teach then submit your application to ALO7.
See the full job requirements and school details or job review of ALO7.
A Summary of ALO7’s Teaching Position
- For Alo7 tutoring advantages:
- Alo7 offers blended learning where you help your students review what they have learned in the classroom as they all use Alo7 curriculum.
- Schools book classes with you and they tend to book 12 weeks at a time and they rarely cancel classes unlike parents’ booked classes
- As Alo7 teacher, you’ll be using Alo7’s cutting edge platform (no longer using Zoom due to restriction in China) where many interactive functions are designed, making tutoring much more fun than previous Zoom classes.
- Alo7 has a great teacher support system, great incentives when you provide a stable schedule and good teaching review. New tutors can make about $18 per 50 minutes and senior tutors, about $20. Tutors’ pay goes up when more classes are taught. The pay raise is automatically when you reach a certain number of classes.
Interview Process at ALO7
1. Sign Up at Teacher Portal and Submit the Application
It’s pretty straightforward on ALO7’s teacher application process. First, you need to create an account on ALO7’s portal. Fill out the form and proceed to the interview step.
- Submit your resumé (PDF format preferred), voice recording and optional cover letter. Submit application.
- Interview/Mock class (50 minutes)
- You will receive an email to book an online interview. The interview will be scheduled between you and an ALO7 recruiter. During the interview, you will be asked to do an online mock class where you can ask the recruiter any questions you may have regarding the position.
- Self-Study & Online Quiz
- After the interview, you are required to watch self-study videos and then complete an online quiz. If you do not pass the quiz, study the incorrect answers, review the study materials and take the quiz again.
- Contract signing and Document Submission
- After you pass the interview and quiz, you will be provided an Independent Contractor Agreement to sign. Documentation will need to be submitted along with the signed Agreement. After submitting these documents, you are officially on board.
- Onboard & Orientation Session
- You will receive an email to book an online session after you are on board. An orientation session will be scheduled with a member of ALO7’s team to help you be well-prepared before your first class.
- Ready to Teach
- After completing the aforementioned process, you will be ready to join our team of online English tutors.
2. How to Book an Interview?
You will receive an email to book an online interview. The interview will be scheduled between you and an ALO7 recruiter.
3. Interview Preparation
Once the application is approved and the candidate will able to book an interview.
Here are 3 main stages of the interview process
- Mock class
The first interview is 30-minute long between you and a recruiter. The recruiter will get to know you and will provide you with more information about the position and the company. All of ALO7 recruiters are current tutors, you will have the opportunity to ask your recruiter any questions about the position or the experience of being an ALO7 tutor. The interview is conducted via Zoom.
Here are things to expect during ALO7 interview and demo class
- Greeting and overview
- Company Introduction
- Job Expectation: check time availability and stability; be happy with the company’s check-in policy and payment policy
- Teaching experience/background questions
- Personality questions
- Mock Class: two demos
- Q&A section
4. Self-Study & Online Quiz
After a successful interview, you are required to complete some training, including self-study videos and then complete an online quiz. If you do not pass the quiz, study the incorrect answers, review the study materials and take the quiz again.
After the training process, you’ll need to complete the teacher profile, including a written introduction, a profile picture, a 30-second video, create a WeChat account for later communication.
5. Mock Class
Once the training steps are completed, you will start to prepare for and schedule a mock class. There are sample lessons for later teaching demo. You’ll be work one-on-one with one of ALO7’s recruiters, who will pretend to be a student, or multiple students (the candidate will use multiple names to direct questions/instructions to each “student”).
Intro to Mock Class
6. Congrats! Sign the Contract and Be Ready to Teach!
After you pass the interview and quiz, you will be provided an Independent Contractor Agreement to sign. Documentation will need to be submitted along with the signed Agreement. After submitting these documents, you are officially on board.
7. Onboard & Orientation Session
You will receive an email to book an online session after you are on board. An orientation session will be scheduled with a member of ALO7’s team to help you be well-prepared before your first class. Once the documents have been processed, you will be able to download all the lesson materials and ready to teach.
See the full job requirements and school reviews of ALO7.
Related Interview Guides
- Online ESL interview guide
- Guide for Working at Whales English
- Guide for Working at SayABC
- Guide for Working at Magic Ears
- Guide for Working at DaDa
- Online English teaching interview tips
- Hourly rate: $15 and $22 USD per hour.
- Each 25-minute class pays $7.50 per class or each 50-class pays $15 per class as the base rate. This base rate applies to most programs.
- Top School Program, where some tutors from the top 100 universities in the US or in the world (UK, Canada, and Australia), are invited to tutor this special Program. The base rate is $20 per 50-minute class as base rate + Additional Incentive pay.
Additional Incentive pay:
- Starting with July 2018 classes, additional Incentive pay for 1 to 3+ classes will be increased. The current rate is up to 5% to 13.3%, and the new incentives will be up to 5% to 25%.
- Each 1 to 3+ class can be paid up to $8.50 per 25-minute session before July 2018 classes and will be paid up to $9.375 afterward.
- For outstanding tutors who have some extra time during the day, we might offer other freelance opportunities with ALO7, such as writing, presentation development, and curriculum development.
- We also offer freelance opportunities like recruiters/trainers to highly qualified tutors if they are willing to take on extra projects.
Direct Deposit via VEEM
VEEM is an accredited business with the U.S. Department of Treasury & BBB. It is backed up by Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers. We partner with VEEM to do direct deposits for the US and Non-US bank accounts.
PayPal is used as a secondary payment method, if for this month, you made less than the minimum transaction from tutoring, your payment will be processed via PayPal. There is a 2% Papal fee charged. PayPal’s exchange rate is not controlled by ALO7.
- Minimum System Requirements
- At least 4GB RAM
- At least 4Mbps/8Mbps (upload/download) and Ping ≤100
- Monitor Resolution
- 1024 X 768 or higher
- Internet Speed
- Stable internet with at least 4Mbps/8Mbps (upload/download) and Ping ≤100
- Google Chrome version 49 or above
- A quiet room with good lighting