Hello, my name is Liz Javier, and I am an official stateside contracted Recruiter for Landi English, as well as a Regular Teacher. I have a Master’s degree in Education, with an emphasis in ESOL, and I have been teaching ESL for over 5 years now. Within those 5 years, I’ve held different positions that have allowed me to work directly with the ESL student population. I have my own local business, where I tutor both children and adult ESL learners. I was also a language interpreter for my local school district and a Red Cross volunteer for interpretation services during national disasters.
I decided to start teaching online because I started to homeschool my 10-year-old son, and 6-year-old daughter. I wanted the opportunity to continue to teach from home, so I started doing research on different online schools. I decided to apply for Landi English because I was looking for a company that held high standards for their students and teachers, that would provide comprehension training, as well as offer a stable work schedule. I found all three of these requirements with Landi English.
Please watch my video above, to learn more about how to apply to Landi, and if you think you qualify, fill in the form below. After you do that, please contact me directly on my Facebook group. My goal is to help you through the hiring process and help you create a demo to submit in lieu of a live interview, making the application and interview process a much smoother, and less nerve shaking experience.
Tips for NEW Teachers!
- Do your RESEARCH! Learn about the different online ESL companies, and apply to the one that most closely meets your needs.
- Take training or watch videos on TPR and how to properly use TPR in an online environment.
- Try and maximize oral communication, give students a chance to practice and repeat.
- Avoid using incidental language, sometimes less is more.
- ALWAYS correct pronunciation
- Encourage students to speak in full sentences.
- Be a guide for your students, allow them to try and practice as often as possible.
- And ALWAYS be willing to learn and train more! There is no such thing as “too much” knowledge.
Information and Requirements for Landi
In order to qualify to work for Landi you must meet the following requirements:
- You must be a Native English Speaker from the U.S./ Canada or U.K. (Non-negotiable)
- Must have experience working as ESL/EFL Teacher **
- Knowledge of teaching ESL to young learners
- Degree in Teaching or in a specialized subject with a certificate in Education (Preferred, but not required) **
- CELTA/TESOL/TEFL certificate (Preferred, but not required) **
- Well-Organized and committed
- Willingness to follow company policies and procedures
- Must be able to commit to stable working hours of a minimum of 12 hours per week. (6-10pm GMT +8)
- Proficient skills in using computer and general software
- Desktop/Laptop computer
- Wired internet connection with 2 Mbps downloading and uploading speed
- Headset and HD webcam
- Quiet, bright, orderly teaching space.
**If you have the teaching personality that Landi is looking for, and you lack some of the requirements needed to apply, such as experience, we still encourage you to apply. Landi English is willing to overlook some of those requirements if you attach an excellent Lesson Demo showing them you have what it takes to be a Landi English Teacher.
When you apply with me, you will get priority viewing of your resume, and the opportunity to apply via demo vs. live interview. My colleague and I are available to assist you every step of the way. In order for you to obtain my assistance, you must apply directly to me via my Facebook page. If you need help, you can email me at [email protected], or fill in the form below. The form also allows you to send me your resume.
OFFICIAL FACEBOOK PAGE: Landi English- Teachers Wanted!