Here’s a checklist of types of equipment that you will need before start teach English online.
- Computer – A reasonably old computer, the model released within 5 years from today usually work, but ensure you check the spec requirement by the school you’re working for.
- Webcam – able to shoot HD video (1080 or 720HD)
- Microphone – Computer build-in might work, but we recommend using a mic either on your headset or a good external one with higher quality sound.
- Good lighting
- Headset – Many schools will require you to wear a headset which has higher quality sound and reduce the echoing. See Headset guide.
- Good Internet speed – Typically minimal 5 MB per sec uploading and downloading. You are excellent shape if you have over 20 MB per sec speed.