Online ESL Teacher for Edsy.co
Summary(Review): Edsy is seeking full-time and part-time tutors from anywhere in the world with a neutral, almost native-like accent. Prior teaching experience is preferred. Each lesson is 40 minutes long with a pay rate between $10-20+. Most students are between 4-15 years old.While the 1-on-1 format follows traditional ESL curriculum/teaching materials based on CEFR and Cambridge English, the small group format is activities & discussion-focused on topics that students are passionate about, like an online version of extracurricular student clubs. You will be able to set your own schedule as the classes are everyday between 8AM-9PM (GMT+7, Bangkok/Jakarta). More info: https://www.linkedin.com/posts/edsyedtech_teaching-fellow-2021-part-time-activity-6839792028214292480-q4kX
Job Overview for Online ESL Teacher
Pay Rate per Hour:
1 on 1, Group of 3-5 students
Preschool (age 3-5)
Elementary & Junior (age 5-15)
High School & College Prep (age 15-18)
Early Morning (6am-9am)
Late Afternoon (3pm-6pm)
Job Details for Online ESL Teacher
Native North American
Native Australian/New Zealand
Native South Africa
Bachelor or above
Min Hours Week:
Min Uploading: 5 MB/s
Min Downloading: 10 MB/s
Online ESL Teacher Job Description
- Teaching ESL online lessons to Thai/Southeast Asian students aged 4-15 years old
- 1-1 classes based on our curriculum and teaching materials (provided). Similar to VIPKid.
- Small group classes with 3-4 students on fun, creative topics. Teaching materials are not provided. Similar to Outschool.
- For 1-1, the pay rate is about $10 per hour. For small group classes, the pay rate is up to about $20+ per hour.
- Class hours: 8:00 AM – 9:30 PM Monday to Sunday (GMT+7, Bangkok/Jakarta)
- Flexibility on class scheduling, but you need to open slots for at least 10 hours a week
- Classes are scheduled 24 hours in advance
- Working from anywhere with a well-functioning computer or laptop and stable internet connection
- Tutors must prepare for class by reviewing the class materials beforehand
- Present lessons in a comprehensive manner and use technology to facilitate learning
- There is no need for tutors to communicate with parents, our supportive team will assist tutors with communicating to parents.
Online ESL Teacher Job Requirements
- Excellent English communication skills with neutral, native-like accent
- Punctual, responsible, good communication skills and easy-going personality
- Bachelor’s degree or above is preferred
- Experience with young children is a big plus
- Have a computer or laptop equipped with high speed and stable internet connection
Online ESL Teacher Salary and Compensation
Base rate, bonus and other benefits (TBD)
How to Apply to Online ESL Teacher?
Company Information for Edsy.co
We offer both 1-on-1 communicative English courses (like VIPKid) and small group immersion classes (like Outschool).
Edsy is on the mission to democratize high-quality English language learning in Southeast Asia. Our AI-powered platform mobilizes impact-driven Millennials to become part-time English tutors, provides curriculum and logistic support, and uses Speech Recognition & Deep Learning to track progress/ensure tangible learning outcomes.