California Licensed Grade 7-12 Science Teacher for Accelerate Education
Summary(Review): Founded in 2011, Accelerate Education is a leading provider of blended learning solutions for schools as well as an online course provider to individual students through the Academy. Our curriculum is offered at the elementary school, middle school, and high school levels in original credit, adaptive credit recovery, and independent study formats. They are currently hiring science teacher to grade 7-12 students in the US.
Job Overview for California Licensed Grade 7-12 Science Teacher
Pay Rate per Hour:
Elementary & Junior (age 5-15)
High School & College Prep (age 15-18)
Job Details for California Licensed Grade 7-12 Science Teacher
Native North American
Bachelor or above
Min Hours Week:
Min Uploading: 5 MB/s
Min Downloading: 10 MB/s
California Licensed Grade 7-12 Science Teacher Job Description
The Science Instructor is a highly qualified, state certified teacher responsible for providing online instruction, support and guidance with a focus on students’ individual needs. Teachers monitor student progress through Accelerate’s learning management system, and work actively with students and parents to advance each child’s learning. Instructors assess student learning and employ effective and appropriate online teaching and learning strategies to communicate subject matter to students, including strategies to meet diverse student needs.
- Salary: $52,000 to $55,000 per year
- Job Type: Full-time
- Work Location: Fully Remote
- Schedule: Monday to Friday
- Demonstrate knowledge of subject matter through instruction and effective teaching practices;
- Augment course content according to prescribed policies and procedures using appropriate asynchronous/synchronous tools and instructional aids;
- Use multiple student data elements for the purpose of assessing student progress, modifying instruction, improving student learning, and helping students achieve curricular objectives;
- Monitor student academic progress and attendance;
- Maintain a system for accurate and complete record-keeping, grading, and reporting for all student activities, achievement and attendance as required by Accelerate procedures and applicable state laws;
- Notify Accelerate and school administrators of concerns about student performance and progress;
- Evaluate student learning based on course rubrics and provide substantive feedback using online technologies;
- Foster and manage a safe, positive, and respectful online learning environment for the purpose of promoting effective student behavior and success;
- Demonstrate effective online classroom management;
- Adjust instruction and evaluation techniques according to 504 or individual education plan needs;
- Exhibit collaborative and collegial practices focused on improving instructional practice and student learning by participating in department and instructional meetings and webinars;
- Maintain regular office hours and conduct instructional sessions based on course requirements;
- Communicate effectively with families, as needed;
- Acquire professional knowledge and learn of current developments in the field by attending seminars, participating in professional organizations, workshops or professional meetings, or by conducting research;
- Demonstrate a professional commitment to innovation;
- Work cooperatively with the Accelerate teachers and managers in staffing and scheduling decisions;
- Implement and comply with Accelerate policies and procedures; and
- Perform appropriate tasks as designated by the Manager of Instruction in relation to the responsibilities listed above.
- Timely and accurate completion of assessments, grades, and student communications;
- Satisfactory completion of on-site or online training;
- Positive rapport and communications to students, parents, mentors and Accelerate employees/contractors;
- Completion of personal and professional goals as established annually; and
- Completion of other duties, as assigned.
This Job Description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees/contractors within this classification. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job. This Job Description does not constitute a contract of employment and Accelerate Education may exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time.
California Licensed Grade 7-12 Science Teacher Job Requirements
- Highly Qualified Instructor – maintains certification and licensure requirements, continues satisfactory academic preparation, and participates in ongoing professional development;
- Technology Skills – online teaching skills, updates technology skills, and troubleshoots technology;
- Facilitates Learning Processes – promotes student interactions, motivates students, facilitates discussions, implements rubrics effectively, and establishes effective group activities;
- Monitors Student Activity and Performance – uses available resources, differentiates instruction, scaffolds learning, provides enrichment, provides meaningful feedback, provides 72-hour turnaround time on graded assignments, and monitors student activity;
- Effective Instructional Strategies – adapts teaching to student learning, creates teaching aids according to student needs, uses synchronous tools effectively, and responds to student needs;
- Effective Communication Skills – maintains ongoing student interactions, responds to communications with 24 hours, provides multiple avenues of communication, maintains positive and supportive tone in written and verbal communications, uses classroom announcements effectively, and creates a positive atmosphere;
- Legal, Ethical, Safe, and Healthy Behavior – follows copyright laws, deals with cheating and plagiarism appropriately, effectively handles inappropriate use of data and information, and respects rights of privacy; and
- Adheres to Accelerate Education Policies and Expectations – provides comprehensive syllabus, and meets all expectations of contract.
· Proficient in MS Excel, Word, and Outlook;
· Strong written/verbal communication skills;
· Experience working with 7-12 grade age group;
· Experience supporting adults and children in the use of technology;
· Ability to learn new technology tools quickly (e.g., database and web-based tools);
· Knowledge of subject matter/course content and resources relevant to Biology, Chemistry, Physics or Geosciences;
· Knowledge of and skills in using effective instructional strategies and practices;
· Knowledge of and skills in implementing various formative and summative assessments;
· Knowledge of entry-level positions for students; potential career opportunities; and postsecondary educational opportunities in the Biology, Chemistry, Physics, or Geosciences program area;
· Skills in managing and promoting positive student behavior;
· Skills in data analysis to assess, monitor, and inform instruction for student growth;
· Skills and abilities in organization, time management, and record keeping;
· Ability to operate a computer and the skills to learn and utilize software and other technology in instruction;
· Ability to effectively address and meet a wide range of academic, social and developmental needs for all type of learners;
· Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with other professionals in a team setting;
· Ability to interact positively and effectively with parents, students, staff, and administrators;
· Ability to maintain confidentiality; and
· Ability to exercise good judgment and effectively organize, prioritize, and perform multiple job functions and conflicting priorities.
LICENSING AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum six (6) months of student teaching experience;
- Bachelor’s degree in appropriate subject area from an accredited college/university;
- California Single Subject Teaching Credential in Science: Biology, Chemistry, Physics or Geosciences (out of state candidates must meet California State certification requirements); and
- Successful FBI Fingerprint Background Clearance Report.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE AND/OR EDUCATION
- Experience working in a virtual environment;
- Masters degree in Teaching/Education or related field;
- Experience teaching online (virtual);
- Familiar with Buzz Learning Management System or other online learning management systems; and
- Online curriculum development experience.
MENTAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION
- Reasoning Ability:
- Ability to deal with a variety of variables under only limited standardization.
- Able to interpret various instructions.
- Mathematics Ability:
- Ability to perform basic math skills, use decimals to compute ratios and percentages, and to draw and interpret graphs.
- Ability to read a variety of books, magazines, instruction manuals, atlases, and encyclopedias.
- Ability to prepare memos, reports, and essays using proper punctuation, spelling, and grammar.
- Ability to communicate distinctly with appropriate pauses and emphasis; correct pronunciation (or sign equivalent); and variation in word order using present, perfect, and future tenses.
- Teaching: 1 year (Required)
- License: CA State (Required)
- Work authorization: United States (Required)
California Licensed Grade 7-12 Science Teacher Salary and Compensation
- Salary: $52,000.00 to $55,000.00 per year
How to Apply to California Licensed Grade 7-12 Science Teacher?
Company Information for Accelerate Education
Accelerate Education provides online education courses for Kindergarten through 12th grade to meet the needs of all students, from at-risk students who had trouble succeeding in the traditional classroom to high achieving students seeking classes their schools cannot provide for them.