Instructor – Business, Economics, Programming, and More for American InterContinental University (AIU)
Summary(Review): At American InterContinental University (AIU), they are focusing on providing the varying educational assistance to a culturally diverse and geographically dispersed student body with the goal of preparing students academically and successful careers. They are hiring a wide range of high-level online teaching positions, including programming, law, business, finance, career advisor, etc.
Job Overview for Instructor – Business, Economics, Programming, and More
Pay Rate per Hour:
Adult (age 18+)
Late Afternoon (3pm-6pm)
Job Details for Instructor – Business, Economics, Programming, and More
Native North American
Native Australian/New Zealand
Native South Africa
Bachelor or above
Min Hours Week:
Min Uploading: 5 MB/s
Min Downloading: 10 MB/s
Instructor – Business, Economics, Programming, and More Job Description
A Full Time Faculty is primarily responsible for:
Providing quality instruction to students through well prepared classes, relevant assignments, fair and holistic assessment of learning, clear documentation of student progress, and support of the academic success for at-risk students.
Providing intellectual guidance and support via faculty meetings and committees to improve instructional methods, course content or professional development.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Teach assigned courses.
- Review assigned courses prior to teaching to verify content is accurate, course links and supplemental material is valid, and report findings to Program Chair.
- Prepare audio and visual material for conducting and supporting synchronous classroom chats and asynchronous lessons.
- Provide each student with clear course expectations, evaluations and timelines through carefully written topical outlines and an approved, standardized syllabus.
- Suitably challenge, engage, serve and communicate with students to encourage their participation and learning while maintaining mutual value and respect.
- Complete grade books, final grade sheets, learning assessments and final exam assessments within allotted timeframe.
- Respond to students and AIU stakeholders on a timely basis.
- Identify at-risk students and takes measures to engage these learners.
- Ensure course and program learning outcomes are delivered as defined by the syllabus.
- Post and maintain office hours and classroom schedules.
- Provide intellectual leadership to instructors in faculty meetings and committees to improve instructional methods or contribute to their professional development.
- Contribute in meaningful ways to reviewing, developing and evolving the AIU curriculum as well as course content and delivery methods for specific courses.
- Actively participate in institutional committees as requested.
- Work with the Program Chair and other appropriate groups on retention activities.
- Provide mentoring to new faculty as requested.
- Attend regularly scheduled faculty in-service sessions and discipline specific professional development activities.
- Maintain credentials as required by accrediting councils/agencies and regulatory entities.
Instructor – Business, Economics, Programming, and More Job Requirements
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities, Competencies
- Strong organizational and technological skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
- Expertise in interpersonal and oral presentation/written communication skills, as demonstrated by: diplomas, degrees, transcripts, certifications, CVs/Resumes, and interview.
- Demonstrates CEC Standards as defined for faculty members:
- Communication, Assessment of Student Learning, Pedagogical Mastery, Course Subject Matter Expertise, Utilization of Technology, Teaching Diverse Learners, Student Engagement Protocol Adherence, Promotion of Active Student Learning, Operating within Educational System, and Demonstration of Scholarship.
Education and Experience: Minimum
- Possess at least a Master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution or equivalent in relevant discipline and applicable accreditation requirements.
- Possess at least two (2) years of experience teaching in an online/distance learning environment.
- Possess documented experience developing online relevant discipline coursework.
- Candidate will also be required to complete a satisfactory background check.
Education and Experience: Preferred
- Possess a terminal degree from a regionally accredited institution or equivalent in the academic subject area/field of instruction and applicable accreditation requirements.
- Is contributor to body of knowledge via publications and presentations in industry/scholarly venues.
Instructor – Business, Economics, Programming, and More Salary and Compensation
How to Apply to Instructor – Business, Economics, Programming, and More?
Company Information for American InterContinental University (AIU)
American InterContinental University (AIU) is an international for-profit university with open admissions owned by Career Education Corporation. AIU is regionally accredited by The Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association to award Associate, Bachelor’s, and Master’s degrees.