Online ESL Teacher for Athena Academy
Summary(Review): Athena Academy has the main focus on English course development during their winter and summer camps. They are actively hiring teachers for both online positions and in-person positions in China. The pay rate is $20-$22 per hour. All lessons or group lessons with up to five students. The students are aged 5 to 15 years old. You need to have a bachelor’s degree, with a degree in English literature, journalism, and education are preferred. You need at least five years of teaching experience and a TESOL certification of 120 hours or more.
Job Overview for Online ESL Teacher
Pay Rate per Hour:
group lesson up to five students
Elementary & Junior (age 5-15)
Early Morning (6am-9am)
Late Afternoon (3pm-6pm)
Job Details for Online ESL Teacher
Native North American
Native Australian/New Zealand
Native South Africa
Bachelor or above
Min Hours Week:
Min Uploading: 6 MB/s
Min Downloading: 15 MB/s
Online ESL Teacher Job Description
• Teach the company’s curriculum. Uphold the highest standards of professional behavior, communication, attitude and appearance;
• Deploy effectively a range of strategies to manage and develop an efficient and effective online classroom;
• Differentiate class instruction, activities and resources in order to maximize learning opportunities for all learners;
• Apply appropriate forms of assessment to monitor student progress, provide timely and effective student feedback as per StarReader guidelines;
• Update, maintain and submit a record of attendance, assessment, feedback using StarReader course files;
• Conduct student screeners and placement, correct homework ,write student reports and participate in teacher-parent meetings when necessary as per StarReader Guidelines;
• Train and manage the junior teaching teams in order to ensure an average high quality of the team as a whole.
Why You Should Join Us?
Teaching at Athena Academic English gives you the opportunity to teach interesting and engaging classes and to develop yourself along with your students. You can do this while enjoying life in some of China’s most exciting and beautiful cities.
While employed at Athena you will enjoy a competitive monthly salary, a housing allowance to support all or part of your rent, and you can take advantage of full medical insurance provided by MSH China. Athena will guide you though the visa process both before and after arrival in China, and will sponsor your work permit and residence permit for the length of your employment.
During your employment at Athena you will be presented with various opportunities for personal and professional growth. At your centers you will take part in developmental learning sessions that introduce new skills and sharpen your talents. If you wish to further your learning through self study, you can apply for our Teacher Loyalty Fund. And, if you wish to take on further responsibilities and move into higher positions we have a clear track for our teachers to move up in their careers.
So, really the question should be “Why shouldn’t you join us?”
Online ESL Teacher Job Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree at least, majored in English Literature, journalism, education preferred;
• At least 5 years teaching experience, TESOL qualification (120 hours+) shall be a plus;
• Good understanding of online education;
• Experience with developing coursewares and lesson plans;
How to Apply to Online ESL Teacher?
Company Information for Athena Academy
Athena Academy is a fast-growing international education academy with locations throughout China and online, we are changing the way Chinese families think about English language education and overseas study. So far Athena has established 5 teaching centers in 4 cities throughout China and will expand to more centers soon.
As part of the Elite K-12 International Education Group, Athena Academy provides a range of afterschool and weekend programs for international track families. Athena adapts international curriculum standards and combines them with project-based learning (PBL) and inquiry-based learning (IBL) teaching methodologies. The aim is to provide students with opportunities in no only English language, but also the acquisition and development of soft skills such as critical thinking, collaboration, communication, problem solving and creativity-the core learning toolkit needed to become self-sufficient, 21st Century learners.
Found in 2015. HQ in Shenzhen, Guangdong. 粤 ICP 备 16022772号-1