English Tutor for Bristol Tutors
Summary(Review): Bristol Tutors is recruiting English tutors for GCSE/A-level standards to carry out in-school and home-based tuition. Work is available for immediate start. Due to coronavirus, some work may be carried out remotely using online tuition software.
Job Overview for English Tutor
Pay Rate per Hour:
1 on 1
Elementary & Junior (age 5-15)
High School & College Prep (age 15-18)
Late Afternoon (3pm-6pm)
Job Details for English Tutor
Native North American
Native Australian/New Zealand
Native South Africa
Bachelor or above
Min Hours Week:
Min Uploading: 5 MB/s
Min Downloading: 10 MB/s
English Tutor Job Description
Bristol Tutors arranges private tuition and in-school programmes throughout the Bristol area and we are always looking for quality tutors with a passion for education and a dedication to helping children and adults to fulfil their academic potential.
You can be flexible with your working hours, but we do require a minimum commitment of 6 months – this is a requirement reflecting the need for continuity expected by the clients you will be providing your tuition to. Please note you will not be an employee of Bristol Tutors or the client, you will be self-employed.
- Prospective applicants should have a degree or be studying on a degree and have excellent subject knowledge and interpersonal skills as well as a working knowledge of the curriculum.
- Most referrals involve one to one tutoring but we do also provide some school-based small group tutoring. The vast majority of referrals focus around GCSE and A-level support – assisting students in preparation for upcoming exams and honing exam techniques.
- Tutors will need to be able to travel around Bristol for referrals so having a suitable mode of transport would be advantageous.
- Be available for a minimum of 6 months – we do not accept short term registrations.
- Job Type: Part-time
- Salary: £17.00 to £21.00 /hour
English Tutor Job Requirements
- Experience: teaching: 1 year (Preferred)
- Education: Bachelor’s (Preferred)
Please note that all tutors will need to provide a valid enhanced DBS certificate before being able to tutor. If you do not have one, Bristol Tutors can assist successful applicants in obtaining one as part of the registration process. We currently work with Pamela Neave to do this – their current charge for an enhanced DBS check is £64 inc VAT and it is possible to make this portable for use with other tutoring or teaching positions. You can therefore still apply if you do not currently have one but must be willing to obtain an Enhanced DBS before registration can be completed.
English Tutor Salary and Compensation
- Flexible working hours
- Work from home opportunities
- Salary: £17.00 to £21.00 /hour
How to Apply to English Tutor?
Company Information for Bristol Tutors
Bristol Tutors has been founded upon the principles of excellence and friendliness; we aim to be an affordable and accessible arranger of quality tuition in Bristol and the South West. Our vision is to enable every child and adult to fulfil their potential.
We work alongside a number of schools in Bristol and South Gloucestershire providing in-school tuition as well as arranging tutors who provide one to one home tuition.