Online ESL Teacher for The Really Great Teacher Company
Summary(Review): The Really Great Teacher Company hires native ESL teachers. You must have a bachelor’s degree, be computer literate and have a quiet, clutter-free, well-lit teaching area. They also require that you have a TESOL/TEFL certification, or a willingness to obtain certification within a 90-day probation period. Previous ESL teaching experience with kids or adults is another advantage.
Job Overview for Online ESL Teacher
Pay Rate per Hour:
Elementary & Junior (age 5-15)
Late Afternoon (3pm-6pm)
Job Details for Online ESL Teacher
Native North American
Native Australian/New Zealand
Native South Africa
Bachelor or above
Min Hours Week:
Min Uploading: MB/s
Min Downloading: MB/s
Online ESL Teacher Job Description
The Really Great Teacher Company (TRGTC) is looking for enthusiastic teachers who want to be a part of the exciting world of online education. We are a specialist recruitment business within the online education sector. We work with multiple client companies looking for talented teachers to teach their students English online.
Opportunities vary depending on the client, but all of them offer the following:
- A base pay rate + generous Performance Bonuses for each class taught
- Immediate start (once you have passed relevant screenings and training)
- Freedom to schedule your hours – various schedules that are flexible and can be personalized to your needs
- Open to any English first language (native) speakers, providing you match the requirements below
- The majority of students are based in Asia, but for certain positions you will be teaching Latin American, Russian and African students. In terms of how many students will be in your classes, some positions are strictly 1-on-1 whereas others are for small groups of students (3-4). Rarely would you have more than 6 students in a class.
How many lessons am I required to give each week?
HOW MANY LESSONS AM I REQUIRED TO GIVE EACH WEEK?
This depends on the position. Some positions require you to teach a minimum of 5-12 hours a week, whereas others offer more flexibility by allowing you to determine your own schedule.
HOW MANY LESSONS AM I REQUIRED TO GIVE EACH WEEK AND HOW LONG IS A TYPICAL CLASS?
The positions we are currently offering have a variety of positions we have 20 min, 25 min, 30 min, 45 min and 55 min classes positions available. The length of the class will be clearly communicated to you during your interview.
Online ESL Teacher Job Requirements
- University degree
- English First Language (native) speaker (lots of positions specifically for US, UK and Canadian nationals)
- TESOL/TEFL certification, or a willingness to obtain certification within a 90-day probation period
- Computer literate
- Great communication and presentation skills
- Ability to motivate and inspire students
- A quiet, clutter-free, and well-lit teaching space in your home
- Infrastructure to work from home including a strong, stable internet connection, as well as a good quality webcam & headset.
- Previous ESL teaching experience – ideally online to kids or adults
- Other previous working experience in other fields is preferred
- Teaching degree or qualifications and/or TESOL/TEFL/CELTA/TKT/CETYL certificates
Online ESL Teacher Salary and Compensation
What Is Offered?
Salary offerings for online English teachers vary from client to client, but all of them offer the following:
– An hourly base pay rate + generous performance and attendance bonuses.
– Immediate start (once you have been successfully interviewed and completed the training and orientation).
– Freedom to schedule your hours – various schedules that are flexible and can be personalized to your needs.
HOW DO I GET PAID?
All the companies offer both domestic bank transfer and overseas transfer, as well as Paypal.
How to Apply to Online ESL Teacher?
Online ESL Teacher Interview Process & Tips
Company Information for The Really Great Teacher Company
The Really Great Teacher Company, previously Continuum Education Services (CES), was founded in 2014 and is a provider of teaching resources to the global online education market. Our team is passionate about providing our clients and the educators that we represent with a service that surprises and delights them, whilst utilising technology to enable us to deliver on our vision of bringing the world closer together through education. The core services that the company provides to its clients are; – Recruitment of home-based online educators (tutors, qualified teachers, lecturers). – Set up and management of outsourced Online Language Teaching Centres for the provision of on-demand teaching/tutoring services. The company boasts a highly experienced executive management team who has decades of experience in teaching and managing educational corporations, coupled with and an extensive track record within the Recruitment, Human Resource, and Commercial sectors.
Founded in 2014. Cape Town, Western Cape