Review: Englex hires both Russian teachers who teach English and native English teachers from the US and UK. All lessons are taught on Skype for a full hour. They are active on the Russian version of Facebook where you can find their page with consistent posts https://vk.com/englex. If you work for them you will teach a variety of courses including general conversational, Business English, English for Travel, English for Beginners, Interview Preparation. Preparation for exams, Preparing for the USE, Phonetic course, and Personal course. It is best if you are college educated and have a teaching certificate. For native speakers, you are paid$14 for General English and $16 for exam preparation or other special courses. All payments are made through PayPal and they pay the transaction fees.
Job Overview for Englex
Pay Rate per Hour:
Job Requirements for Englex
Native North American
Min Hours Week:
Min Uploading: MB/s
Min Downloading: MB/s
Here is a video to give you an idea of the typical lessons:
Here are some FAQs about Englex to help you get a better idea of what it is like to teach for them:
Preference is given precisely to teachers with experience in the courses, as there is created a more competitive environment that stimulates the teacher to development. It is important to have international certificates – this is also evidence that the teacher is professionally developing and then will be able to qualitatively prepare for the international examinations of his students, going through everything himself.
Another important factor is the experience of living abroad. Most of our teachers have had the experience of living in an English-speaking country (for work, under the program Work & Travel), or travelling around the world. Thus, they expand their picture of the world, enhance the sociocultural and sociolinguistic competence and can transfer their knowledge to our students.
You can read their full hiring criteria here http://englex.ru/hiring-criteria/.
They also list out the following
- Pleasant appearance.
- Overall adequacy.
- Ability to behave with people.
- Openness and friendliness.
- Charisma and sense of humor.
- The ability to establish contact with any, even the most complex, student.
- The ability to interest the learning process and fall in love with English, support and inspire when something does not work out.
- Creativity – the ability to teach a complex topic in clear language, turn a boring task into an interesting game.
- The ability not to take offence at a stupid joke, do not be embarrassed by making a mistake, that is, “stress-resistance”.
- Industriousness is the readiness to develop additional materials for the student.
- Flexibility is the willingness to meet students when lessons are transferred.