Review: English Gang hires native English speaker from either the USA, Canada, UK, Australia or New Zealand to apply. If you are fed up with teaching Chinese children you might want to take a nice break and start teaching Thai children through English Gang. They do state that they will take non-natives with a neutral accent and a strong background in teaching children. A four-year degree is also required but you’re not required to have any sort of teaching certificate such as a TEFL. Thier peak times are Monday-Friday 4-10pm, and Saturday-Sunday 8am–10pm, Thailand time. The pay rate is $10.00–$15.00 per hour With the minimum requirement of five hours a week. According to them, 10% of the top teachers average 38.5 hours per week.
Job Overview for English Gang
Pay Rate per Hour:
Job Details for English Gang
Native North American
Native Australian/New Zealand
Native South Africa
Min Hours Week:
Min Uploading: MB/s
Min Downloading: MB/s
English Gang Job Description
- We teach students from 4 years of age all the way up to business professionals.
- Salary range: $10-$15 USD per hour
- Class schedule
- Peak times in Bangkok are
- Monday-Friday: 4 pm – 9 pm
- Saturday and Sunday: 8 am – 9 pm
- Class size: 1 on 1
- Class duration: 25 minutes
- Student age group: Children and Adults
- Minimal weekly hour commitment (and Max if it applies): 5 hours per week
- Native/Non-Native: Native ONLY
- Accent preferences: US, Canada or UK
- Bachelor’s degree requirement: Bachelor’s Degree Required
- Teaching experience requirement: 1 Year Minimum
- TEFL/TESOL/CELTA certificate requirement: Not required but preferred
- the students choose the teachers based off of your profile and introductory video!
- The best part about English Gang is the Thai students. It’s a refreshing change if you are used to only one or two different nationalities, and Thai students are known for their kindness and respect for teachers.
- The salary ranges from $10 USD – $15 USD
- **Teachers must be native English speakers from the USA, UK, Canada, South Africa, Australia or New Zealand.**
- Teachers must open up a minimum of 5 hours per week, a bachelor’s degree and at least one year of teaching experience is required.
- TEFL/TESOL/CELTA certificates are not needed, but they definitely help!
Do I need a Bachelor’s degree to join English Gang?
- Our teacher’s education level is very important to us, and our families expect a high-quality English education. Thus, we require that our teachers have at least a Bachelor’s degree. Rarely we can make exceptions for candidates with 3 years experience teaching English face to face with children ages 4-12 and/or over 1-year experience teaching children ages 4-12 online. Having a TESOL or TEFL certificates is an added bonus, but that is not necessary.
Do I have to be a native English speaker?
- Yes, it is very important that you are a native English speaker from either the USA, Canada, UK, Australia or New Zealand. In very rare instances we will accept candidates who were born in other countries that have spent a considerable amount of time in one of the aforementioned countries, have a neutral accent, and have a strong background in ESL education for children.
What time should I be available to teach?
- Our peak times in Thailand are Monday-Friday 4-10pm, and Saturday-Sunday 8am–10pm. Making yourself available during those times will give you a higher probability of getting booked. It’s perfectly fine to open your schedule outside of those times as well.
Do you have any tips for the mock class?
- Following your interview, you will be asked to conduct a mock class with the teacher who will pretend to be a 5-6-year-old beginner level student. In total, the slides should last 25 minutes, but most mock classes will be stopped at the 10-minute mark. You will need to show how you can prompt the student to give complete answers, how your energy can keep the student engaged, and how you can demonstrate strong time management skills. Please make sure your lighting quality is great, and we require that you use a headset and microphone for mock classes and real classes alike.
What is the pay rate and when do I get paid?
- Teachers are paid anywhere between $10.00 – $15.00 USD per hour of teaching. Your pay rate is based on your experience, interview and mock class, and it can increase depending on how many classes you teach per month. You will also receive bonuses for showing up to class on time, referring new teachers, and bringing in new students. Depending on your country of residence, applicable taxes will be applied.
What are the peak hours for me to teach?
- Most of our children are based in Thailand, and the peak hours in Thailand are Monday – Friday from 4:00 PM – 9:00 PM and 8:00 AM to 9:00 PM on Saturday and Sunday.
How many hours am I required to teach?
- There is a 5 hour minimum per week, but we recommend that you open your schedule for at least 7 hours per week during the above-mentioned peak times. There is no maximum, but the top 10% of our teachers average 38.5 hours per week. We do not recommend teaching more than 40 hours per week as that can quickly lead to teacher burnout.
How should I set my schedule?
- Teachers must submit their weekly availability one month in advance. Teachers’ weekly schedules are sent out each Saturday at 12:00 PM Bangkok time. Teachers must be booked at least 24 hours in advance. All English Gang teachers should check their emails daily for new bookings. (on this note, we need to look at how teachers get class reminders sent to them)
Do you have any tips for passing the demo lesson?
- Please focus on getting the student to answer in complete sentences. Make sure to read the lesson objectives, and relate those objectives to what you are teaching in the slides. Once you get used to the English Gang format of teaching, there isn’t a lot of prep work needed as it is quite teacher and student friendly. However, for your first few lessons, we recommend reviewing the class for 30-60 minutes prior to your 25-minute class. Please focus on time management as well. If you go too fast or too slow, this will be noted in your results.
How to Apply to English Gang?
School Info of English Gang
We are an online ESL school with our own personalized curriculum for Thai students! Our atmosphere is a lot of fun, and we love to help each other improve for the benefit of all our students and teachers.