Review: Fast School is a new school and currently hiring. Their requirements are TEFL/TESOL certificates or teacher certificates, American/Canadian native speakers preferred, at least a Bachelor’s degree, and teaching experience preferred. They have fixed base rate as US$30 per hr, and the bonus is appreciable, which is min $5 per 30-min class, and the bonus will increase according to the performance and up to $45 /class averagely. Some outstanding teachers can get $60 total for a class now. Their class schedule is fixed, from 7:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Beijing time, and 20 minutes to test your Internet before class is necessary. They also pay for the testing time and trial class.
Job Overview for Fast School
Pay Rate per Hour:
Preschool (age 3-5)
Elementary & Junior (age 5-15)
Job Details for Fast School
Native North American
Native Australian/New Zealand
Native South Africa
Bachelor or above
Min Hours Week:
Min Uploading: MB/s
Min Downloading: MB/s
Fast School Job Requirements
- Minimal weekly hour commitment (and Max if it applies) 2.5 hours
- Native/Non-Native: Native speaker
- Accent preferences: American/Canadian Native speaker
- Require a Bachelor’s degree
- Teaching experience requirement: experience preferred
- TEFL/TESOL/CELTA or other forms of teaching certificate is required
- Must use Ethernet instead of wifi during class
Fast School Job Description
- Pay Rate: $15 per half an hour class ($30 per hour with 2 classes)
- Salary range: US$30 – 40 per hour (base rate + bonus). Up to $45
- Bonus structure: base on performance, at least US$5 per class, and will keep increasing according to ability, up to $45 per hour.
- Class schedule:
- Mon – Sun (Everyday): 7:10 pm – 8pm.
- Beijing time
- Class size: small group
- Class duration: 30 minutes
- Student age group: 3 – 8 years old
- The great thing about this job? Great bonus, trial class with payment
- Must have fast and stable Internet for online lessons
- Must have a well-functioning laptop/computer
- Must use Ethernet instead of wifi during class
- Punctual with a great sense of responsibility
How to Apply to Fast School ?
Fast School Interview Process & Tips
School Info of Fast School
Fast school is an online education company based in Beijing China. Part of TAL (NYSE: TAL), focusing on teaching Chinese students English through a brand-new way. The company was founded by Fang Gang, the former senior VP of SOHU.COM (a Nasdaq listed company). Our online school offers personalized English Channels with experienced ESL teachers who are all English native speakers. Fast school guarantees to offer an interesting, practical and fun learning experience while helping students to achieve fluency in English. We look forward to recruiting some English instructors for our one-on-one online teaching.
Found in 2017. HQ in Beijing. http://fastschool.cn/
Fast School Reviews
- What is my hiring process?
- Submit the Application Form – Send a Demo Video – IT Check and Training – Conduct a Demo Lesson – Trial Classes – Hired!
- How soon can I expect to hear from fast school after I apply?
- If you hold all the qualifications and pass our preliminary screening, we will contact you within 3 business days for further steps.
- Where can I teach from?
- You can teach anywhere with a qualified network condition and a quiet environment.
- What devices do I need?
- A computer with a webcam. Minimum system requirement: Windows 10 / MAC OS 10.8x; CPU–Intel i5 processor; Memory–4GB RAM
- A headset with microphone.
- A Stable Internet connection with Ethernet. Minimum speed requirement: download 10 Mbps; upload 5 Mbps
- A place with quiet surroundings and good lighting.
- I do not have any certificate, but I have experiences and I am a native speaker, can I apply?
- Sorry, the certificate is necessary because it will be shown to parents and students. They have rights to make sure that they are learning from a professional teacher.
- How do I teach?
- You will be teaching through fast school platform online. All the curricula are preset in the platform.
- What should I do in the demo video? Is there any material and requirement?
- The demo video does not have fixed requirement. just show your teaching style and please make sure it is appropriate to children from 3-4 or 5-8. Color, animal, fruit, or any other topic is OK.
- Do I need to do any lesson plans?
- Not necessarily. But you will need to prepare for each lesson by familiarizing yourself with the materials.
- How long is one lesson?
- Each lesson is 30 minutes. Teachers are required to check the devices 20 minutes before the lesson. The device check will be paid.
- How many students will I be teaching per lesson?
- You are teaching group classes. There will be a group of kids in the class and the number depends.
- Time and Scheduling
- fast school teaching schedule is fixed. The teaching hour is 7:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Beijing time (7:30 a.m.to 8:00 a.m. EST), Monday through Friday.
- Can I have more classes? Can I have classes on weekend?
- The time of the class is fixed, only one per day and from 7:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Beijing Time. We don’t have more class slots to provide at present. You can apply for the weekend classes. If you are qualified, you will have classes Monday through Sunday.
- How much do I get paid?
- $15-30 USD for each lesson ($30-60/hr)
- *The base pay is $15 USD per lesson. You can also earn more bonuses based on your performance and professional title at fast school. The full wage could be as high as $60/hr.
- Can I get higher base salary rate because I am an experienced and certificated teacher?
- For all new teachers, the base pay is the same. But we pay more for good teachers who have been working long with us. We will be very happy to pay more if you can show your excellent ability in the following classes.
- How and when will I be paid?
- All teachers will be paid via PayPal. You will be responsible for the transfer fee charged by PayPal. The salary is paid once a month. The pay will be automatically postponed to the next week in the event of weekends or any Chinese national holidays.
- How long will the IT check and training last?
- Generally, the IT check takes 20 minutes; the training takes 40 minutes. You will learn the basic knowledge of fast school platform and teaching process.
- What is a demo class?
- In a demo class, you will teach a full 30-minute-class. The fast school staff will act as the students and will give an evaluation after the class.
- What is the trial class period?
- You will be teaching 2 weeks’ lessons with real students. We will rate your classes according to the feedback from students and parents of those classes.
- Will I get paid for the trial classes?
- Yes, you will receive the regular base pay of $15 per lesson.
- Will I be teaching the same students every time?
- There will be new students every class, but all the kids in the class will have the same English level.