Online ESL Teacher for KK Talkee
Summary(Review): KK Talkee hires English teachers to teach children in China. It has a minimum number of hours to work of 7 per week. Classes are one on one for 25 or 50 minutes each. The ages K-12 and the pay-rate is $15-$20 an hour depending on experience and they provide all of the teaching material. If you are teaching group lessons you can make $24-$28 per hour. You have to sign a one-year contract as well. Most of their lessons take place during peak Beijing hours from 6 PM to 10 PM Monday to Friday. They also have lessons on the weekend from 9 AM to 10 PM. They only accept native teachers from the USA, Canada, and Australia. It is preferred that you have teaching experience online with kids. You must also have TEFL certification or are in the process of getting one. The minimum hours are 15 hours a week with up to 48 hours per week. They have an aggressive bonus structure as long as you are on time for class and have a high attendance rate. Also, there are bonuses for teaching a high amount of lessons each month.
Job Overview for Online ESL Teacher
Pay Rate per Hour:
one-on-one group lessons
Elementary & Junior (age 5-15)
Job Details for Online ESL Teacher
Native North American
Min Hours Week:
Min Uploading: 6 MB/s
Min Downloading: 15 MB/s
Online ESL Teacher Job Description
- $15-$20/H(for one-on-one lesson); 24-28USD/H (for group lesson)
- Contract: 1 year
Most of their classes take place at 6 pm – 10 pm Beijing time from Monday to Friday, and 9am－10pm Beijing time weekend.
EST Mon – Fri 6am – 10am
CST Mon – Fri 5am – 9am
MST Mon – Fri 4am – 8am
PST Mon – Fri 3am – 7am
Hawaii Mon – Fri 1am – 5am
Beijing Sat – Sun 9am – 10pm
EST Fri – Sun 9pm – 10am
CST Fri – Sun 8pm – 9am
MST Fri – Sun 7pm – 8am
PST Fri – Sun 6pm -7am
Hawaii Fri – Sun 4pm – 5am
Online ESL Teacher Job Requirements
- teachers from the USA, Canada, Australia
- Have teaching experience online for kids (preferred);
- TESOL/TEFL certification, or willingness to obtain certification;
- Stable Internet Speed and equipped with high-definition camera and headset
- Willingness to commit the minimum of 15 to a maximum of 48 workings hours per week:
- The peak hours are listed in the following timetable[Beijing time](GMT+8):
- Monday through Friday: 6:00pm-9:00pm
- Saturday & Sunday: 9:00am-9:00pm
- Outgoing, fun and energetic, enjoy being around Children, motivated to work hard
Online ESL Teacher Salary and Compensation
- $15-$20 per hour base pay.
- Earn between $1 and $1.50 extra per class taught each month based on your performance and attendance. ($2-$3 extra per hour)
- You must have a 98-100% attendance rate.
- Be on time for class.
- Meet all lesson “must-dos”
- Avoid all lesson “must-not dos”
- Submit all feedback reports on time. (Demo classes – directly after the lesson ends! Regular classes – within 12 hours after the lesson).
- If you teach 1-99 classes each month, you are allowed to cancel one class and will earn an extra $1 per class taught ($2 per hour).
- If you teach 100-199 classes each month, you are allowed to cancel three classes and will earn an extra $1.25 per class taught ($2.50 per hour).
- If you teach 200+ classes each month, you are allowed to cancel one full day of classes and will earn an extra $1.50 per class taught ($3 per hour).
How to Apply to Online ESL Teacher?
Company Information for KK Talkee
KK Talkee English is a professional online English teaching company, located in Hangzhou, China. KK Talkee provides an international learning experience to Chinese children – all from the comfort of their homes. With world class virtual classroom software and passionate and qualified teachers, we deliver an awesome online learning experience across the world. We provide both 1-on-1 and group online full immersion language and content classes based on the US Common Core and other standards.
KK Talkee is an online English school owned by KK America. Since 2014 KK America has brought English to thousands of students around the world. We offer American elementary school experience to Chinese children from the comfort of their homes. KK Talkee connects very young Chinese students with teachers from North America so they can start learning English in an immersion style from a very early age.
Found in 2014. HQ in Hangzhou, Zhejiang. 杭州米乐信息有限公司. 浙ICP备17037605号-2.
Online ESL Teacher Reviews
Read the post here.
KKTalkee — I had a great interview with the recruiter, and a good demo. I was hired. Besides a few beginner mistakes. I am enjoying. It’s a great company with great people.
I hope to get lots of great students with KKTalkee. It’s a great company!
Read the post here.
As, I leave my first company KK Talkee and move on to the the next, I wanted to leave you with this review of the company.
First, I think KK Talkee is a good company. But like other companies, KK has it’s negatives. The one reason I say this about KK Talkee is because unlike other companies, the KK Talkee sales department directs the show. With the bosses, and with the teachers. They determine who gets the students, they determine if a lesson can be changed, they pretty much determine everything everyone does in order to get the job done.
Alright, so in my three months of employment with the company I was given multiple demos in the beginning. Now, granted I was nervous as will be any other new teacher in the beginning. They graciously gave me feedback. I must say too, a shot out to the teacher trainers. They are beyond fantastic. They helped me considerably. I did what was asked of me, props, TPR, etc. I even brought my stuffed monkey George to class everyday. He always made my students laugh or smile I might add as well. I am not a perfect teacher but who is? If we were all perfect, life would be pretty boring. If the sales team finds a reason not to like you, you’re pretty much doomed. I am leaving the company with having just three students in a span of three months. I took the feedback I was given, and used it to the best of my abilities.
If you don’t mind being directed by the sales team, then KK Talkee is for you. I believe the company has a promising future, however it is my opinion they need to structure their teaching/student process differently.
I am thankful to the teacher trainers who helped me develop into the world of online teaching.. Good luck to those who apply.
If you have questions please feel free to ask.