Review: Learnx is an online ESL company from Thailand. They are looking for native or near-native online English teachers with a neutral accent. You must have a degree or above and with a CELTA, TEFL, TESOL certificate or a minimum of one-year teaching. You must be friendly, patient, creative, and energetic. You are required to have a microphone, headphone, high-speed internet connection, and a computer with a webcam. You will be coaching children from 10 to 18 years old and some are adults through Skype for 25-minute lessons. The pay rate for Learnx is from $8 – $17 per hour. The available hours are afternoons/evenings on weekdays and during the weekend Thailand time zone (GMT+7).
Job Overview for Learnx:
Pay Rate per Hour:
Native North American
Min Hours Week:
Min Uploading: MB/s
We Call Our Teachers “Coaches” For a Reason.
Instead of embodying the usual lecture role, we want our teachers to be a combination of a friend, a teacher, a practice partner, and an advisor to put the language learning in context to the student’s life and work.
- Native, Near-Native, or Fluent English Speaker with a neutral accent.
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in any field.
- Preferred English Teaching Certificate (CELTA, TEFL, TESOL) OR minimum one-year language teaching experience.
- Friendly, patient, creative, energetic.
- Proficient in technology (Tech requirements: Microphone, Headphone, high-speed internet, computer with camera)
- Coach ages 10-18 (plus some adults) on English language speaking skills.
- Using a skype-like interface, communicate with students for 25-minute lessons.
- Available afternoons/evenings on weekdays and during the weekend according to Thailand time zone (GMT+7).
- Provide a fun, high energy and comfortable atmosphere for language learning.
- Engage students online using the LEARNx pedagogy.
- $8-$17 per hour
Email your documents
- Copy of Teaching Certificate(s) *If applicable
- Introduction Video or Audio (30-seconds, get creative!)
Coach Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Applications which do not meet all the requirements above will not be considered.
- Submit Application
- Interview & Live Demo
- Coach Onboarding & Training
- Begin Coaching!