Review: New Vision Learning Services pays $14-$22 per hour and teaches Chinese children. The class length is based on the number of students in the class. For a class with 2 students, the class will be 45 minutes in length. A class with 3-4 students will be 1 hour in length. The students range from low to high level. The working time is during the typical peak times for teaching Chinese children. It might take you a long time from when you are first hired to when you begin teaching. This is due to the staff being a little disorganized and slow, but they will eventually get back to you.
Job Overview for New Vision Learning Services
Pay Rate per Hour:
Job Requirements for New Vision Learning Services
Native North American
Native Australian/New Zealand
Native South Africa
Min Hours Week:
Min Uploading: MB/s
Min Downloading: MB/s
We offer you:
- Small classes comprised of 2-5 students.
- Each class is comprised of students with similar levels of English ability.
- Basic cultural competency training focused on an educational setting.
- Full training on our preferred web conferencing software.
- Regular teaching opportunities on a standard schedule.
- To teach students in English on a variety of curriculum’s (pick your speciality): English Language Arts (reading, writing, Picture Talk), Science, Social Studies (Children Safety education, Children’s Financial Literacy, Children’s Communication skills), Arts and Humanities (Literature, World History).
- To evaluate the performance and progress of each student.
- Prepare lesson plan/course ware (PPT file) for the class.
- Orient students to their course and conduct instructional sessions.
- Deliver specific course content in an on-line environment.
- Provide instructions, support and guidance, manage the learning process and focus on individual needs of the students.
Provide course development support/advice to our on-line class.
- Bachelor or higher degree in education/teaching/linguist or relevant field, current TESOL, TEFL, or CELTA certificates will be an advantage.
- Suitably qualified with a passion for teaching. Previous ESL teaching experience (preferred).
- Proficient in general PC literacy and online web conferencing platforms such as Webex or Good Meeting.
High degree of flexibility.
- Ability to work remotely.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Energetic and professional personality.
- Ability to conduct classes between the hours of 6pm to 9:30pm Monday-Friday GMT+8, and 8am to 8pm on weekend. Class length is based on the number of students in the class. For a class with 2 students, the class will be 45 minutes in length. A class with 3-4 students will be 1 hour in length.
- Able to interact with students of all levels.
- Ability to develop English as a Second Language curriculum.
- Appropriate state and subject teacher certification is an advantage.
- Always punctual (have class before or on time).
Instructor Technical Requirements
Instructors must have the following hardware and software requirements:
- A PC or Macintosh computer purchased within the last 4 years with at least 8GB of Ram
- A 2Mbps > DSL or cable internet connection
- A wired connection to your internet access (modem, router) device
- For PC’s MS Windows Vista or above
- Most recent version Microsoft Internet Explorer (preferred), Chrome (Chromium) or Firefox browser
- Most recent version of Adobe Flash player
- A quality hands free headset with microphone
- A high quality webcam resolution of 3MP / 720p
If you are interested in this position please submit:
- Resume in either Microsoft Word or .pdf format
- Cover letter indicating your availability to teach (both days of the week and times available), and work experience with children.
Not all applicants will be guaranteed an interview.