Review: Oakary is our trusted recruiting partner that helps teachers getting English teaching jobs by matching your teaching preferences and qualifications with schools’ criteria. Oakary is based in San Francisco, CA. They work with both Online ESL schools and teaching abroad in the classroom in China and Taiwan. The benefit of having Oakary for job application is that it only requires one single job application submission from you as a candidate, then they will help you match and connect to the HR of the multiple schools based on your teaching preferences and qualifications.
Job Overview for Oakary
Pay Rate per Hour
Teaching Experience in Years
Minimal Hours per week
Internet Speed (MB/s)
They connect teachers to trusted English/ESL Online teaching partners and teaching abroad in local schools in China and Taiwan. They do a great job helping teachers during the interview process and after the hiring process, making sure the communication with HR is good, etc.
100% free for candidates and support teacher through the entire hiring process, which including an interview process and provide an additional communication channel between teachers/candidates and the HRs.
Why Teach Online English class?
Majority of the schools that Oakary is working with are based in China, which mean you’ll be teaching to Chinese students. Luckily, China has the only one-time zone (CST, GMT/UTC +8h standard time). Typically early in the morning and late evening to night time.
Teach Anywhere You Are
- Teach from anywhere in the world as long you have great Internet access.
- We can also connect you to the onsite teaching abroad opportunities, which means you could travel to China and teach English for a living!
- Earn extra cash while enjoying fun time teaching English to kids in China or help college student excel their English ability?
- Avg US$18~25 per hour depending on teaching experience on a bi-weekly or monthly basis.
- Teach various ages and levels of class ranged from children, teens, college exam prep, to adult business professionals in a small one-to-many classroom setting.
- Typical class runs for 30~60 min per session.
Majority of the students are from China and age 3~15. Oakary constantly partners with more schools that focus on specific preferences like teaching adult business professional and others.
No Experience? No Problem!
You don’t need an English degree nor teaching experience to teach English online! We’ll connect you to the platform that offers basic training and will on board you the teaching process. You will learn as you teach!
General Job Requirements
Job requirements are different from school to school. Be sure check the school that you’re applying for!
Here is a generalization of common ones
Job General Description and Commitment
- Part-time, contract.
- Minimum 2~12 hours per week depending on the school
- Typically 6-month or 1-year long contract.
- Terms are subjected to the English education platform.
How It Works
- Fill in Oakary’s application Online – Tell us your teaching preferences and qualification, we’ll match you with the opportunities based on the criteria and connect you with the schools.
- Matching with Schools – Oakary’ll forward your application to matched schools (up to 2 business days)
- Interview with School(s) – School will arrange an interview with you if interested and you can decide if you want to move forward with the opportunities. (up to 5 business days)
- Interview, interview, interview – Now you should be in the interview process with the HR. Oakary will provide additional assist like interview tips, communication between you and HR if necessary, etc.
- Begin teaching!
Oakary is proud to be equal opportunities in providing recruitment services. At Oakary, they don’t just accept difference but they thrive on it for the benefit of their teachers and community. They encourage their teaching partners to hire excellent teachers from all background and constantly looking for schools and companies that celebrate and support diversities.