Review: Oakary powers many teaching jobs recruiting listed on OETJobs site. Submit One application then Oakary will connect you to English teaching jobs by matching your teaching preferences and qualifications with schools’ criteria. It works closely with both Online ESL schools and Teaching Abroad opportunities in South Korea, China, Taiwan, Vietnam, and many other countries. Beyond matching, Oakary also provides you with additional interview assistance, communicating with HR, and smooth job landing experience.
Job Overview for Oakary:
Pay Rate per Hour:
Preschool (age 3-5)
Early Morning (6am-9am)
Native North American
Min Hours Week:
Min Uploading: MB/s
Why Teach Online English class?
Majority of the schools that Oakary is working with are based in China, which mean you’ll be teaching to Chinese students. Luckily, China has the only one-time zone (CST, GMT/UTC +8h standard time). Typically early in the morning and late evening to night time.
Teach Anywhere You Are
- Teach from anywhere in the world as long you have great Internet access.
- We can also connect you to the onsite teaching abroad opportunities, which means you could travel to China and teach English for a living!
- Earn extra cash while enjoying fun time teaching English to kids in China or help college student excel their English ability?
- Avg US$18~25 per hour depending on teaching experience on a bi-weekly or monthly basis.
- Teach various ages and levels of class ranged from children, teens, college exam prep, to adult business professionals in a small one-to-many classroom setting.
- Typical class runs for 30~60 min per session.
Majority of the students are from China and age 3~15. Oakary constantly partners with more schools that focus on specific preferences like teaching adult business professional and others.
Why Teach English Abroad?
Travel the World
Earn money while you exploring and immersing yourself in the foreign culture, from Latin America, Asia, Europe, the Middle East, and many more. Become a local instead of being a tourist and enrich your life experience!
Build your Resume with International Work Experience
Work abroad in foreign country is an indispensable experience not only for your self-growth but also career growth! International companies are looking talents with board experience beyond what they learn in the school.
Great Pay and Job Market
The demand for English learning is high across the globe, especially the ones heavy in international business activities. You are in a good hand if you have great educational background and have the courage to step out of your comfort zone!
Learn a Foreign Language
There’s no better way to learn a foreign language than throwing yourself in the country with an immersive environment, where you are exposed to the foreign tongue in and out.
No Experience? No Problem!
You don’t need an English degree nor teaching experience to teach English online! We’ll connect you to the platform that offers basic training and will on board you the teaching process. You will learn as you teach!
How It Works
- Fill in Oakary’s application Online – Tell us your teaching preferences and qualification, we’ll match you with the opportunities based on the criteria and connect you with the schools.
- Matching with Schools – Oakary’ll forward your application to matched schools (up to 2 business days)
- Interview with School(s) – School will arrange an interview with you if interested and you can decide if you want to move forward with the opportunities. (up to 5 business days)
- Interview, interview, interview – Now you should be in the interview process with the HR. Oakary will provide additional assist like interview tips, communication between you and HR if necessary, etc.
- Begin teaching!
Oakary is proud to be equal opportunities in providing recruitment services. At Oakary, they don’t just accept difference but they thrive on it for the benefit of their teachers and community. They encourage their teaching partners to hire excellent teachers from all background and constantly looking for schools and companies that celebrate and support diversities.
Job requirements are slightly different from school to school.
Here are common criteria
- Native English speaking teachers – Australia, Canada, New Zealand, UK, US, Ireland, South Africa
- Non-native English teachers with a neutral accent where English is spoken at an idiomatic level.
- A Bachelor (BS/BA) degree or above is highly preferred
- TEFL/TESOL/CELTA certification is a plus
- Teaching experience is a plus
- Part-time, contract.
- Minimum 2~12 hours per week depending on the school
- Typically 6-month or 1-year long contract.
- Terms are subjected to the English education platform.
The break of the common compensation
- Base salary or hourly rate
- Benefits – only apply to Teach Abroad jobs
How to apply
Oakary powers many teaching jobs recruiting listed on OETJobs site.
Submit One application then Oakary will connect you to English teaching jobs by matching your teaching preferences and qualifications with schools’ criteria. It works closely with both Online ESL schools and Teaching Abroad opportunities in South Korea, China, Taiwan, Vietnam, and many other countries. Beyond matching, Oakary also provides you with additional interview assistance, communicating with HR, and smooth job landing experience.
They connect teachers to trusted English/ESL Online teaching partners and teaching abroad in local schools in China and Taiwan. They do a great job helping teachers during the interview process and after the hiring process, making sure the communication with HR is good, etc.
100% free for candidates and support teacher through the entire hiring process, which including an interview process and provide an additional communication channel between teachers/candidates and the HRs.