Review: OKpanda has their own platform similar to Google Hangouts or Skype that you will teach in. All lessons are one-on-one to adult Japanese and Korean students who need help with Business English. Minimum availability is 2 hours per day for 4 days a week. Lessons are every half-hour and are 25 minutes long. You will provide feedback for each student in the five minutes between each lesson along with preparing for any future lessons. For each video lesson, the pay fluctuates between $3.5-$10 USD ($7-$20 USD / 50 minutes) depending primarily on experience, foreign language skills, and teaching qualifications. For each audio only lesson, the rate for a successfully-completed 25-minute lesson is between $1.5-$4 USD ($3-$8 USD / 50 minutes).
Job Overview for OKpanda
Pay Rate per Hour
Teaching Experience in Years
Minimal Hours per week
Internet Speed (MB/s)
OKpanda is a venture funded company supported by some of the top firms in the world to achieve the goal of bringing quality English education to as many people as possible. We are hiring brilliant teachers who want to build their skills and be part of an amazing company that teaches English in new and innovative ways. Our training process was developed by experts from Columbia University, NYU, and other top American universities. This is a huge opportunity for whoever has a passion for teaching, an interest in personal growth and a career with a New York based cutting-edge company, and great English skills.
OKpanda’s online video teachers deliver excellent, dynamic EFL lessons via an online platform similar to Google Hangouts or Skype. Classes are one on one to a student base of primarily adult Japanese and Korean EFL learners. Teachers should be available to work a minimum of two (2) hours per day, 4 days per week. Classes start every half-hour and last for 25 minutes. In between classes, teachers are responsible for providing some brief feedback on the completed lesson and preparing for any upcoming classes they may have.
The rate for a successfully-completed 25-minute lesson is between $3.5-$10 USD ($7-$20 USD / 50 minutes) depending primarily on experience, foreign language skills, and teaching qualifications. Great performance will be rewarded with opportunities for raises, promotion, and career growth.
WHAT OUR TEACHERS ARE SAYING
For me, it’s the support that you get from a professional team. Knowing that someone has your back if things don’t go the way you plan them is always a comfort and makes the job easier and therefore much more enjoyable. You work your own hours from your own home and OKpanda becomes your second family. Brilliant.
– Nigel Young, Joined June 2017
OKpanda encourages me to be the best I can be and the support you get from the community of excellent and awesome teachers and support staff is priceless. I’d say I found my dream job and I’m definitely here to stay.
– Sara Yoshihara, Joined July 2016
Joining a team of skilled video teachers from different countries all over the world, not to mention the excellent Support Staff, means having different sets of values but sharing the same goal. Sometimes you can travel without leaving your home. ^_~ One of the things that I truly enjoy is you decide when you work. Hurrah!
– Yan Roxas, Joined January 2016
I have witnessed a constant improvement and constant attention given to the app by the staff. Our concerns and recommendations are always addressed and attended to in order to give this company the best quality for the clients and the instructors.
– Sebastian Ponce, Joined January 2016
- Teach conversational English in an online setting
- Engage students using the given materials and give them real-time feedback
- Provide feedback to the internal staff regarding student progress after each lesson
- Prepare effectively for each lesson
- Use the online platform to its fullest potential (voice, video, chat, and pedagogical tools)
- Tailor lessons according to students’ capabilities
- Encourage, engage, and make it fun
- Communicate in a clear and timely manner with other OKpanda team members
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Skilled at adapting a lesson to the needs of an individual student
- An enthusiastic, lively personality
- Excellent online classroom management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be reliable and punctual
- A home computer and internet connection suitable for online tutoring
- Enthusiasm to teach and grow as an educator
- Bonus: ESL/EFL teaching experience, preferably in an online environment
WHO YOU ARE
- A team player
- Have a positive, can-do attitude
- Can think on his/her feet
- Digital savvy
- Share our values: self-improvement, honesty, desire to achieve greatness, love of learning
- Comfortable with change
- Comfortable working remotely
Please note that in order to proceed with the application you should use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.