Online Elementary Teacher for K12
Summary(Review): K12 offers online courses to all kinds of students including advanced learners, students who may need extra support, homeschoolers, college- and career-minded students, and others who are looking for education to fit an alternative schedule. They have positions in all teaching levels and all subjects. You must have a minimum of six months of teaching experience. You also need to have a Bachelor’s degree. You should be proficient in Microsoft Office tools such as Excel and Word. They are looking for teachers who have experience working in a virtual environment. You should be able to quickly learn new technologies and tools since they have their own system in place. If you are familiar with the Blackboard Collaborative tool and other online platforms that will be a bonus as well.
Job Overview for Online Elementary Teacher
Pay Rate per Hour:
Elementary & Junior (age 5-15)
High School & College Prep (age 15-18)
Late Afternoon (3pm-6pm)
Job Details for Online Elementary Teacher
Native North American
Bachelor or above
Min Hours Week:
Min Uploading: 4 MB/s
Min Downloading: 10 MB/s
Online Elementary Teacher Job Description
K12 is a dynamic company on a mission to provide the most compelling, comprehensive, and effective K-12 education available. Our employees are a critical part of an organization that is providing powerful, new options for the way children can be educated. They have a passion for education and a drive to make a difference.
Passionate Elementary School Educators are needed at the K12 partner school, Alabama Virtual Academy. We want you to be a part of our talented team!
- Instructional Environment – Implementing instructional strategies that stimulate learning and increase student engagement
- Creating instructional resources to meet the varying needs of students
- Building Relationships – Collaborating with parents and colleagues to manage coarse goals, curriculum, and materials that enhance the learning experience
- Professionalism – Actively participating in Professional Learning Communities (or professional development)
- Communication – Hosting live synchronous sessions that promote a positive learning environment
- Data Driven Practice – Analyzing student data to prescribe remediation and enrichment as needed
- Participating in data analysis meetings to monitor student growth
Online Elementary Teacher Job Requirements
First year teachers are encouraged to apply. Teachers with one or more years of teaching experience are required to provide past performance data.
- Teaching Certificate(s)
- Performance Evaluations
- Prior Year State Assessment Data
- Reference Letter(s)
- Minimum six (6) months of student teaching experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Appropriate state certification
- Meets state’s NCLB’s Highly Qualified Teacher requirements
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Strong written/verbal communication skills
- Ability to travel at least once per month within and between assigned geographic areas to support students, attend regularly scheduled meetings, and participate in school activities, open houses and orientations.
- Experience working with the proposed age group
- Experience supporting adults and children in the use of technology
- Ability to CLEAR required background check(s)
- An ability to learn new technology tools quickly (e.g., database and web-based tools)
- Experience working in a virtual environment.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and tools
- Experience teaching online (virtual) and/or in a brick-and-mortar environment
- Familiar with Blackboard Collaborative or other online platforms
Online Elementary Teacher Salary and Compensation
How to Apply to Online Elementary Teacher?
Company Information for K12
K12 Inc. (NYSE: LRN) is a for-profit education company that sells online schooling and curricula. K12 is an education management organization (EMO) that provides online education designed as an alternative to traditional “brick and mortar” education for public school students from kindergarten to 12th grade (hence the company’s name). Publicly traded K12 is the largest EMO in terms of enrollment.
K12 offers a personalized approach to education that removes barriers to learning and meets students where they are. We manage public and private online schools, and develop innovative curricula and technology to help students reach their full potential.
While many students thrive in traditional brick-and-mortar schools, others feel constrained by a model that simply does not fit their needs. Since our founding in 1999, we have continually improved our approach to better reflect how students learn, grow and evolve.
As pioneers in online learning, we have helped develop a new model of learning that allows kindergarten through high school students to move beyond the physical walls of the classroom. Our various education offerings include career readiness programs, support services, blended learning, dual credit courses and many others. They are designed to help every student—regardless of geographic, socioeconomic, or academic circumstance—achieve better outcomes through a personalized approach.
We recognize that teachers are at the center of every student’s experience and we are focused on recruiting and training inspired educators who have dedicated themselves to developing young and able minds. We believe that when teachers succeed, students succeed and are dedicated to expanding our national network of educator supports and professional development opportunities.
Whether it’s providing students with unique opportunities for growth or equipping talented teachers with the tools they need to succeed, we are committed to a future in which students and parents are empowered, with traditional, blended and online learning options, to design an educational path that works best for them.