Online ESL Teacher for Fluent City
Summary(Review): Fluent City is currently in need of Online Teachers for adult ESL learners. They are looking for passionate online language teachers who will be working from home and deliver the online class remotely. New instructors should expect to service anywhere from 5 – 15 students per month.
Job Overview for Online ESL Teacher
Pay Rate per Hour:
1 on 1
High School & College Prep (age 15-18)
Adult (age 18+)
Late Afternoon (3pm-6pm)
Job Details for Online ESL Teacher
Native North American
Native Australian/New Zealand
Native South Africa
Min Hours Week:
Min Uploading: 5 MB/s
Min Downloading: 10 MB/s
Online ESL Teacher Job Description
Fluent City is currently in need of Online Teachers for adult ESL learners. We’re looking for super passionate language experts interested in enriching work they can do from home. As a Fluent City Online Instructor, you will teach students remotely using a communicative method, leveraging your creativity to maintain high levels of motivation with all students.
New instructors should expect to service anywhere from 5 – 15 students per month.
What you’ll be doing:
- Opt in and maintain consistent availability to teach individual learners online
- Familiarize yourself with Fluent City teaching modules and supplement the provided materials with additional recommended resources
- personalized to your students’ needs and interests
- Log all lessons, assignments and student progress
- Share student updates and progress reports with Fluent City staff
- Deliver exceptional learning experiences and outcomes for all students
- Monitor and encourage student activity, motivation and progress
- Communicate in clear, timely and service-oriented manner with all students and Fluent City team members
- Maintain excellent professionalism, strong organization skills and high attention to detail
Required service contract
- Availability a minimum of 12 hours per week in one or more of the following time slots (all listed in Eastern Standard Time):
- Weekday mornings (6AM – 12PM EST)
- Weekday afternoons (12PM – 6PM EST)
- Weekday evenings (6PM – 12AM EST)
- Weekend mornings (8AM – 12PM EST)
- Weekend afternoons (12PM – 6PM EST)
- Weekend evenings (6PM – 12AM EST)
Online ESL Teacher Job Requirements
- Previous teaching experience (online a plus!)
- Computer, webcam and microphone with reliable high-speed internet connection
- Comfort and proficiency with technology and eagerness to experiment with new tools
- Enthusiastic, open-minded, can-do attitude
Online ESL Teacher Salary and Compensation
- Flexible schedule – opt into the time slots that best fit your schedule (as many as you like) and work from any location of your choice!
- Growth opportunities within the fastest-growing language school in the U.S.
- A collaborative national network of language enthusiasts and mentors
- Compensation: $15/hr with the ability to work from anywhere!
How to Apply to Online ESL Teacher?
Company Information for Fluent City
Who we are:
Fluent City, founded in 2011, is a language learning organization that helps students achieve their goals through a human-centric, experiential approach. We’re a globally-minded team on a mission to foster understanding and communication across cultures and communities. We’re one of the fastest-growing premier language learning organizations in the US. Our learners have the real-world practice and confidence they need to communicate in any situation: at home, at work, or over drinks at the bar.
With over 180 instructors, we teach students in-person at our locations across NYC & DC, work with many leading corporate clients, and offer classes online.
- Put the student first.
- Build an open, engaging community.
- Value and respect cultural differences.
- Be curious and keep learning.