Online ESL Teacher for The Online Teacher
Summary(Review): The Online Teacher has changed their website name to The Overseas Teacher. However, they still do offer jobs teaching English online. They expect you to have a contract of three months, six months, or up to a year. The pay rate per 50-minute lessons is £8.5 – £10. The minimum requirement is 10 hours per week. The age of the students that you will be teaching ESL online to is from 3 to 12 years old. You will also have the opportunity to teach adults. You need to have a college degree or are currently enrolled in school. Only native English teachers can apply. Your Internet connection must be at least 20 MB.
Job Overview for Online ESL Teacher
Pay Rate per Hour:
Preschool (age 3-5)
Elementary & Junior (age 5-15)
High School & College Prep (age 15-18)
Adult (age 18+)
Early Morning (6am-9am)
Late Afternoon (3pm-6pm)
Late Night (12am-3am)
Job Details for Online ESL Teacher
Native North American
Native Australian/New Zealand
Native South Africa
Bachelor or above
Min Hours Week:
Min Uploading: 20 MB/s
Min Downloading: 20 MB/s
Online ESL Teacher Job Description
As an online teacher you will…
- Deliver well-prepared classes.
- Adapt your teaching material to fully engage your learners.
- Motivate and inspire your students.
- Identify their strengths and weaknesses.
- Use readily-available technology such as virtual white boards and screen-sharing to supplement your teaching.
- Strive to improve and develop your teaching style.
What to expect from teaching online…
- Subject: English.
- Location: Home/Any.
- Contract Length: 3 months, 6 months, 1 year.
- Salary: £8.50 – £10.00 per 50 minutes session.
- Start Dates: All year long.
- Teaching Hours: Minimum of 10 hours per week.
- Students: Aged 3-12 or 16+.
- Training: Provided.
All you need to get started…
- Graduate or currently studying towards a Bachelor’s degree.
- Native English speaker.
- Must have meticulous time keeping.
- Reliable and strong broadband speed (20mb/s or above).
- Suitable PC/laptop with built-in or external webcam.
- Availability to schedule a minimum of 10 hours of teaching per week.
- Cultural sensitivity and awareness of your learners’ needs.
How to Apply to Online ESL Teacher?
Company Information for The Online Teacher
Our aim is to place teachers with reputable and progressive schools, either physically or by teaching online. With offices in both the UK & China, we are ideally placed to provide you with ongoing support throughout your teaching career. We want to help you on your journey.
Our team is made up of a mixture of skilled individuals, many of whom have taught extensively both online and abroad. Travelling to teach somewhere with a completely different culture or setting can be a daunting prospect. We know the pitfalls, frustrations and obstacles that teachers face. More importantly, we understand how support – and a personal touch – can make a world of difference.
Whether you’re an experienced EFL teacher looking for your next mission, or a newly qualified teacher looking for a reliable source of teaching positions, we will match your profile to the best opportunity. Our mission is to help and guide you from the moment you sign up.
Did we mention? Our placement service is also completely free.