Review: Open English has grown over the years to become the largest provider of teaching English to students in South America. Although the salary is not that great, this company is highly professional, and if you are a reliable teacher, you will end up with a full schedule. The pay rate is $8-13 and is based mainly on seniority. There is a minimum requirement of 25 hours per week.
Job Overview for Open English:
Pay Rate per Hour:
Elementary & Junior (age 5-15)
High School & College Prep (age 15-18)
Adult (age 18+)
Native North American
Native Australian/New Zealand
Native South Africa
Min Hours Week:
Min Uploading: MB/s
Min Downloading: MB/s
- Complete the Open English certification program and other required training when needed
- Deliver high quality, English language instruction in live group classes, through our learning environment platform (audio/video based). Employ the OE curriculum, online pedagogy and teaching methodology to provide a consistent student experience
- Provide individual feedback to students after each class
- Work collaboratively with academic staff to develop new content and contribute to curriculum projects as and when opportunities arise
- Maintain knowledge of the Open English learning platform, brand, Company policies and goals, internal communication systems, and our students
- Must have prior experience teaching English, preferably as a second language, online experience preferred
- Currently enrolled in or has completed a degree program at an accredited institution of higher education in Linguistics, Education, English, Modern Languages or Literatures, or related field; Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred
- Conversational Spanish and/or Portuguese as a second language is preferred
- TESOL, TEFL, CELTA or equivalent preferred
- General awareness of and ability to apply the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR)
- Familiarity with ESL assessments, with the ability to evaluate and create assessments
- Must be able to communicate in English both clearly and professionally, both orally and in writing
- Native English speaker with clear pronunciation
- Must provide ten (10) hours minimum of availability each week (including (five (5) peak time hours)
- Must have a reliable, high-speed (at least 1MB) internet connection
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite and an ability to quickly master various online communication and instruction tools especially learning platforms
- Comfortable in a dynamic work environment
Native English ESL Professionals
Open English’s Academic Operations department ensures that the program’s more than 500,000 students have 24 hours a day access to real-time language learning opportunities with native English speakers. Teaching with Open English allows practicing ESL and TESOL professionals the opportunity to provide their educational expertise to a growing global student community. Open English’s students benefit from the individualized pedagogies of each ESL professional they encounter via our virtual learning portal. As such, these professionals are encouraged to bring their unique experiences, qualifications, and methods into the classroom to increase student learning.
Growth and Flexibility
Contracted ESL professionals self-assign and host small group sessions through our unique learning platform, with these sessions normally focusing on student production and interaction in the target language. At times, contracted professionals may also support student learning by providing feedback on writing samples. All educational projects may be arranged in advance to reflect each independent contractor’s availability around other professional and personal commitments.
We invite you to visit our contracting proposal page to share your professional profile with us, telling us how you would create a singular, practical and fun English learning experience for our students.
Here is what they sell to their students:
How to Apply?