Review: Orange Talk is hiring online ESL teacher that meet their requirements. All of the students are Chinese kids. One requirement is that you have a bachelor degree or above. You should also have a TESOL/TESL/TEFL certification. Having a prior teaching experience in kids is a great advantage but not required. The pay-rate at OrangeTalk is $18-$30 per hour with group lessons. This is a rather high pay rate for teaching English online to Chinese Children.
Job Overview for Orange Talk
Pay Rate per Hour:
Elementary & Junior (age 5-15)
Job Requirements for Orange Talk
Native North American
Native Australian/New Zealand
Native South Africa
Bachelor or above
Min Hours Week:
Min Uploading: MB/s
Min Downloading: MB/s
- Teachers can teach large classes, which pays better than teaching individual students at competitors.
- Classes last 25 minutes. You should log in at least 5 minutes before your class.
- Schedule at least 7.5 hours (15 classes per week) and pick time slots during the daily peak periods in China.
- The peak periods are 6 pm to 9 pm on weekdays and 9 am to 9 pm on weekends.
- No maximum limit the number of hours a teacher can work.
- teaching materials are provided and teach on Orange Talk teaching platform.
- Will I always teach the same students? No, teachers should teach the students that have booked their classes.
- The initial contract will last for six-months
- Bachelor degree or above
- TESOL/TESL/TEFL/ Teaching certificate preferred
- With teaching experience in kids preferred
Compensation & Benefits
- $18-22 for an hour. The initial rate will be determined by your performance during the trial class.
- You can also receive bonuses for impressing parents and students by teaching during peak times and consistently following your teaching schedule.
The trial class is necessary to assess your teaching skills, attitude, and enthusiasm. Your trial class to help determine your per hour rate.
According to the Orange Talk official FAQ, during every trial class, you will need to show how well you are able to teach and elicit full answers from students of different language levels as well as your teaching and class management skills. They advise you study teaching instruction and all slides before the trial class.
They are looking for teachers who can manage a class of up to 30 kindergarten students. It’s a challenging task, but also remember to make your class fun and exciting to keep the kids glued to the screen.
How to Apply?
Submit your application via the form to the HR at Orange Talk or use the application link
About Orange Talk
Orange Talk was founded by Ivy Qiu, a mother of two lovely boys, with extensive professional experience in America and China. Orange Talk currently has over 10000 students from 40 cities in China. We provide flexible English classes that exceed the US Common Core State Standards.
Founded in 2016. HQ in Beijing. 京 ICP 备 18016086号-1. kkorange.com