Review: PandaTree is currently looking for a tutor manager. They have a well put together the website and a few videos as well, but little is known in terms of what it is like to be a regular ESL tutor for this company. For the tutor manager position, you need to have a PhD. Along with that you also need to have a TESOL certificate. Seems like overkill if you have a PhD but that’s what they want. 5+ years experience teaching K-12 students is another requirement. You must be a native-fluency English speaker as well and they expect strong second language skills. The role will be part-time initially with the possibility to expand to full time. Hours are flexible and will be at least 25 hours per week initially. Salary is $20-$25 per hour, based on experience.
Job Overview for PandaTree
Pay Rate per Hour
Teaching Experience in Years
Minimal Hours per week
Internet Speed (MB/s)
Here is a demo video of PandaTree Online Teaching:
Here is a video review from a Parent:
We’re hiring an English Tutor Manager
Are you the one we’ve been looking for?
PandaTree is hiring a certified ESL teacher to help manage our soon-to-launch ESL program. The manager will work 25+ hours of his/her choosing per week from the comfort of home. The manager will help develop our ESL curriculum and recruit and manage ESL tutors. PandaTree provides a fun and convenient way for students to practice their conversational skills with individualized tutoring sessions and engaging content.
- Interview potential tutors and manage the recruiting process to hire exceptionally high-quality tutors.
- Provide effective training, coaching and feedback to tutors to help them continually improve.
- Help plan and develop our ESL curriculum for tutors to use with students.
- Review recorded tutoring sessions for quality assurance purposes and offer coaching and feedback to tutors.
- Ph.D. in Education required TESOL certified
- 5+ years teaching K-12 students.
- Articulate, native-fluency English speaker
- Strong second language skills
- Experienced in recruiting highly qualified individuals (including making hiring decisions)
- Experience with curriculum planning and development
- Proven ability to manage and motivate people
- Initiative-taker capable of working in a fun, fast-paced start-up environment
- Highest personal standards of ethics and integrity
- The role will be part-time initially with the possibility to expand to full time. Hours are flexible and will be at least 25 hours per week initially.
- Salary is $20-$25 per hour, based on experience.