Pearson’s Online & Blended Learning K-12 group – Secondary English Teacher | Teach Online for Pearson’s Online & Blended Learning K-12 group
Summary(Review): Pearson’s Online & Blended Learning K-12 group provides high-quality, highly accountable online education solutions to schools, school districts and students in grades K-12. They’re currently hiring secondary teachers to teach various subjects online.
Job Overview for Pearson’s Online & Blended Learning K-12 group – Secondary English Teacher | Teach Online
Pay Rate per Hour:
1 on 1
Elementary & Junior (age 5-15)
High School & College Prep (age 15-18)
Adult (age 18+)
Late Afternoon (3pm-6pm)
Job Details for Pearson’s Online & Blended Learning K-12 group – Secondary English Teacher | Teach Online
Native North American
Native Australian/New Zealand
Native South Africa
Bachelor or above
Min Hours Week:
Min Uploading: 5 MB/s
Min Downloading: 10 MB/s
Pearson’s Online & Blended Learning K-12 group – Secondary English Teacher | Teach Online Job Description
Our state certified virtual teachers manage online instructional programs for students around the country and across the globe. Teachers communicate regularly with students to ensure that each student successfully completes his/her instructional program. This is a work from home position.
Pearson Online & Blended Learning is focused on providing a flexible work environment to its employees, including the ability to work from home on a regular basis in most positions. We believe that flexibility in work/life balance is a critical part of our culture and employee satisfaction, and we are proud to provide to our employees the ability to work from anywhere, anytime. In exchange, we require that employees have the appropriate means to work remotely, including adherence to our work at home policies regarding home office setup, including but not limited to privacy of records, technology standards, equipment standards and expectations.
- The Full Time English Teacher will be responsible for the successful completion of the following tasks:
- Support the instructional program with synchronous and asynchronous web conferencing sessions using Adobe® Connect™;
- Provide individualized support through the LiveTutor program as scheduled;
- Complete all grading by providing prompt, high-quality, personalized feedback on assignments;
- Communicate with students, and other teachers on a regular basis to update pacing plans/schedules for students as required;
- Use data to monitor successful completion of assignments and facilitate appropriate interactions with students that encourage consistent interaction with the course(s);
- Review curriculum and determine course modifications that will promote student achievement for those requiring accommodations through IEPs or 504 plans;
- Consult with team members and administrators to develop alternate enrichment activities and lesson modifications to increase student understanding and promote success for struggling or at-risk students through differentiation;
- Develop a general knowledge of the curriculum and a detailed knowledge of the courses for which you are responsible;
- Communicate regularly with students, using phone, Chat and our WebMail system;
- Adhere to all policies regarding protecting students’ well-being and personal information, including following FERPA and Copyright & Fair Use laws
- Keep student performance and participation information up-to-date by grading assessments in a timely manner, and logging all student and parent contacts;
- Hold regular office hours (minimum of 3 hours per week)
- Utilize a variety of communication tools in the online environment to effectively build relationships and promote student success with students, partner teachers, colleagues, and other stakeholders;
- Foster community and use a welcoming, warm online voice that is inviting and supportive towards students and families;
- Other duties as assigned.
Pearson’s Online & Blended Learning K-12 group – Secondary English Teacher | Teach Online Job Requirements
- Highly qualified and certified to teach English with a valid state teaching certificate in California, Michigan, Pennsylvania, or Tennessee.
- Certification in multiple states or content areas is a plus.
- Must have completed traditional teacher preparation program (not alternative certification) at an accredited college or university.
- Ability to obtain certification in other states as requested
- Provide feedback to students in a timely manner and grade assessments within the required timeframe
- Attend check-in meetings with your supervisor twice per month (or as scheduled)
- Able to work a full-time shift that covers core business hours, from 10 am -4 pm eastern time
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a fast-paced environment that requires significant flexibility, effective prioritization of tasks, self-direction, and creativity
- Understanding of IEP/504 plans and how they can be implemented in a virtual setting
- Strong technology skills (proficiency with Microsoft Office programs or Google Apps is preferred)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and strong time management and organizational skills
- Customer-focused approach and commitment to student achievement
Pearson’s Online & Blended Learning K-12 group – Secondary English Teacher | Teach Online Salary and Compensation
How to Apply to Pearson’s Online & Blended Learning K-12 group – Secondary English Teacher | Teach Online?
Company Information for Pearson’s Online & Blended Learning K-12 group
Pearson’s Online & Blended Learning K-12 group provides high-quality, highly accountable online education solutions to schools, school districts and students in grades K-12. It serves families and schools with a variety of digital learning and online school solutions including Connections Academy, International Connections Academy, and Pearson Connexus. In 2017, it delivered online learning to over 400,000 students in the U.S. and 48 countries. The group, formerly known as Connections Education, is based in Columbia, Maryland and has been named a “Top Workplace” by the Baltimore Sun for three consecutive years and a “Best Place to Work” by Baltimore magazine. Recognized for its outstanding curriculum, high-quality teachers and leadership, Pearson Online & Blended Learning is committed to expanding quality education through technology, and helping students achieve both academic and personal success.