Review: Note: Hiring Now for Limited Summer OpeningsShiliu is a relatively new company. Founded in 2017. Headquartered in Nanjing, China, Shiliu Mobile Classroom is an online education platform owned by Jiangsu. Shiliu Education Technology Co., Ltd. It is looking for native English speaking teachers to deliver North American class to students between age 11-18 in China.
Job Overview for Shiliu Education
Pay Rate per Hour:
small group (3~6 students)
Elementary & Junior (age 5-15)
High School & College Prep (age 15-18)
Job Requirements for Shiliu Education
Native North American
Native Australian/New Zealand
Bachelor or above
Min Hours Week:
Min Uploading: MB/s
Min Downloading: MB/s
Oakary works Shiliu Education and many others. We help you to land a job quicker and smoother by not only allow you to submit one application and match you with MULTIPLE Online ESL companies based on your teaching preferences and qualifications, but also assist the interview process and communication with the recruiters.
Shiliu Education Job Requirements
- Native English speaker (US/Canada/UK/Australia/New Zealand/Ireland Preferred)
- A Bachelor’s degree or above in English Literature, Education, History, or relevant.
- 2+ years of teaching experience (ESL or online teaching experience preferred)
- TESL/TEFL/TESOL/CELTA certificate preferred.
- Able to work with a stable internet connection.
- Energetic, dynamic, motivational and demonstrate content expertise in the core academic subject(s)
- Device: Desktop, Laptop, MAC, Surface
- Camera: HD External camera or HD integrated camera (Most laptops have it)
- Headset: Use a headset with a microphone, stable output and input
- Software: Download a video conferencing app “ZOOM Cloud Meetings” before class (We provide Zoom User Guide).
Shiliu Education Job Description
- Pay rate: $42 – 58 per hour.
- Base $20 per hour
- Minimal 3 students per class (Only has class if 3 or more students show up). Additional $8 per student showing up, up to 6 students. 3 x $8 = $24 (total $44) and up to 6 x $8 = $48 (total $68).
- Class schedule (Beijing time):
- Mon-Fri 18:30-21:30; Sat-Sun 08:30–21:30 during the school term (March-July; September-January the following year)
- Mon-Sun 08:30–21:30 during the holiday period (July-September; January-February)
- Work hour per week: Recommend 3+ hours
- Student age: 11 – 18
- Class size: 3 – 5 students
- Duration: 60 – 90 min per class and the same students for 2-3 months
What Hours Should Teachers Be Available To Teach?
We offer courses throughout the entire year. The following time slots tend to be the most requested time periods in Beijing time:
- Mon-Fri 18:30-21:30; Sat-Sun 08:30–21:30 during the school term (Mar-July; Sept-Jan the following year)
- Mon-Sun 08:30–21:30 during the holiday period (July-Sept; Jan-Feb)
We do not require teachers to work full shifts, but having availability during the times mentioned above could ensure a higher possibility of being booked by our students.
How Long Is Each Class?
All classes are group classes of 3-6 students whom a teacher will teach for a whole session. The duration of a session varies from 2 to 3 month depending on the course schedule. Each class is guaranteed 60-90 minutes of active teaching time depending on the course schedule, not including preparation time. Teachers may need to log in 3 minutes in advance for possible tech problems. After class, teachers need to assign and edit students’ homework.
Do Teachers Need To Prepare Teaching Materials In Advance?
Yes. Teachers should submit a teaching syllabus and prepare teaching materials (Eg. PPT) in advance. Shiliu provides teaching instructions, sample syllabus and PPT for reference.
Are There Any Homework And Cumulative Assignment Requirements?
Yes. Teachers are suggested to assign and edit homework after each class. Shiliu provides sample edited students homework for reference. At the end of each term, the teachers are encouraged to assign a cumulative Essay. Shiliu provides students with Renaissance Star Reading Assessment before the course begins to measure students’ reading comprehension ability and AR Test to assess how well students understand what they learn.
Who do Teachers Teach In Each Class?
- Age group: The majority of the openings are Grades 5-12 (age 11~18).
- Class size: Small group (3~6 students)
Do Teachers Always Teach The Same Students?
No, teachers teach any student who books their class, but usually, a student will keep following the teacher that he or she likes for more classes.
Do Teachers Need To Keep Up Communication With Students and Parents After Class?
No. Shiliu office staff will communicate with parents. We will also allocate a Chinese teaching assistant for teachers to gather homework and provide backstage supports during the class.
Do Classes Take Place On Skype Or Another Platform?
Teachers deliver class via a video conferencing platform “ZOOM Cloud Meetings”.
What Does An Online Course Look Like At Shiliu?
We will send teachers sample video recordings of our courses.
What is our core value?
a. Quality-oriented: Unlike the prevailing exam-oriented education, we advocate a return to intensive reading.
b. Content-prioritized: We always give first priority to quality and provide valuable information and courses for students.
c. Professional Support: We cooperate with international authorities to introduce core North American courses and issue certificates jointly with international agencies after student finish courses.
d. Advanced Curriculum Mode: We promote small class size (up to 6 students) and offer fully immersive courses online by highly qualified teachers, simulating North American teaching style.
e. Good Reputation: A young company as we are, we have won the unanimous recognition and trust of parents and children. Eighty percent of the students would renew the course and seventy-three percent would introduce friends to join us.
What Courses Do We Offer?
We offer courses on Critical Reading and Writing (Fiction &Nonfiction), Academic Writing, Debate, and Public Speaking, US History, Poetry Appreciation, and Reading, and STEM project-based learning activities.
Teachers should submit a teaching syllabus and prepare teaching materials (Eg. PPT) in advance. Shiliu provides teaching instructions, sample syllabus and PPT for reference.
Teachers are suggested to assign and edit homework after each class. Shiliuprovides sample edited students homework for reference.
Shiliu Education Salary and Compensation
- Hourly pay: at least $34 base + $8 preparation fee +$8 extra booking bonus per student
- Incentives/Bonuses (eg: Referral Bonus; Substitution Bonus)
- Monthly payment shall be paid between the 10th and 15th working day of the next calendar month.
- Teachers can be paid through PayPal (preferred) or online bank transfer. Shiliu assumes the transfer fee charged by the remitting bank, and teachers assume the handling fees charged by the receiving bank.
- Teachers function as independent contractors and are responsible for their own taxes in accordance with their individual tax jurisdictions as well as state and federal laws.
How to Apply to Shiliu Education?
Oakary works directly with Shiliu Education and many others. It helps you land a job quicker and smoother by not only allow you to submit one application and match you with MULTIPLE Online ESL companies based on your teaching preferences and qualifications, but also assist the interview process and communication with the recruiters. Learn more
Shiliu Education Interview Process & Tips
School Info of Shiliu Education
Founded in 2017. Headquartered in Nanjing, China, Shiliu Mobile Classroom is an online education platform owned by Jiangsu. Shiliu Education Technology Co., Ltd. We provide online international courses and academic practice qualified North American teachers to students between age 11-18 in China so as to help them improve English academic competence and critical thinking ability in their adaptation to the study and life in America on a short view, and develop lifelong learning skills in the long run.
Shiliu Education Reviews