Online ESL Teacher for SnapLingo
Summary(Review): SnapLingo has an app that you teach from. The app works on your smartphone or tablet. Their main focus is on connecting kids from China with kids in the US. Beyond the language exchange, they also provide paid lessons from native teachers. The pay rate is $15-22 per hour. You need to have a four-year degree and at least one year of teaching experience. It will also help if you have experience teaching in the Canadian or US teaching system. There is a minimum of 7.5 hours per week that must be committed. These are during Beijing peak hours. The peak time for teaching online ESL are 6 AM to 10 PM Eastern Standard Time Monday through Sunday. Each lesson is 25 minutes long and you will be teaching children from ages 5 to 15.
Job Overview for Online ESL Teacher
Pay Rate per Hour:
Elementary & Junior (age 5-15)
High School & College Prep (age 15-18)
Early Morning (6am-9am)
Late Afternoon (3pm-6pm)
Job Details for Online ESL Teacher
Native North American
Native Australian/New Zealand
Native South Africa
Bachelor or above
Min Hours Week:
Min Uploading: 10 MB/s
Min Downloading: 15 MB/s
Online ESL Teacher Job Description
SnapLingo is being used by students in top language programs in China and the US.
- 1-on-1 online English tutoring
- 25-minute highly engaging lessons for kids aged between 5 to 15
Skills and Requirements:
- Demonstrate expertise in English language teaching
- Prior ESL/EFL teaching experience
- Strong desire to work within an innovative online English program- Bachelor’s degree
- Enjoy teaching kids
- iOS or Android devices (iPads are highly recommended) with high-speed Internet
Start date: Immediately
Hours: Minimum 7.5 hours per week commitment. The 7.5 hours per week must be
during Beijing peak hours.
Lesson Peak Times
Monday – Sunday: EST 6am – 10am
Salary Range: US$ 15-22 per hour
Here is a video introduction of Snap Lingo:
KIDS TEACHING KIDS
Building a global learning community
Students around the world are teaching and learning through SnapLingo. Top bilingual users of SnapLingo will be given the honorary status of Bilingual Stars. We provide a safe global learning community to help improve their language skills and cultural awareness.
How to Apply to Online ESL Teacher?
Company Information for SnapLingo
SnapLingo is a mobile learning platform that connects kids (age 7 – 12) in USA and China, engaging them in real-world Chinese/English conversation and social media in a secured and gamified environment.
SnapLingo turns the iPad into a cross-cultural communicator that empowers Penpals of the iPad generation to interact and learn from a world over in a fun and innovative way.
SnapLingo pushes the potential of mobile, social, big data and gamification technology in education, and has filed a US patent.
Online ESL Teacher Reviews
Read the post here.
Okay guys, so my company is hiring and i get a small referral bonus for it, so i would be happy if you mention my name, in case you decide that you want to give it a try.
The name is Snaplingo and im very happy with them, been there for almost 3 motnhs now, after i gave up on alo 7.
! For now they are hiring only natives!
I will post the pros and cons:
– its an app, so i use my tablet to teach, lessons are simple cards that appear on the screen and its pretty straight forward, you can improvise a lot, there is no lesson plan, just follow the cards
-schedule is pretty much full, its from 6.30-9.30 Beijing time, its a set schedule – which i actually like.
-pay is good , there is a bonus system which adds up to 20$ an hour , so thats great – they use payoneer for the payment
-its 1-1 classes, children aged 5-15
-its a small company, so they really care
– you get paid for a no show
– apart from the regular classes, you get to also teach ‘demo’ classes. ( its kind of a trial class for the new students) you get paid for them as well and if the student wants to sign up – u get a 5$ bonus per class
– students can cancel pretty much last minute and you dont get a compensation
– app is a bit buggy, so you will have some issues with some students seeing one card, and you seeing a totally different one. sometimes a student might not even see anything on their end, but those cases are very rare. when this happens, i just improvise and let the team know so they can fix it.
All in all, i really like it there, everybody is very kind and the kids are nice. They are really trying to fix the problems in the app and they treat their teachers very well. We use a chat to communicate all our problems and i love the fact that i can use my tablet to teach.
Read the post here.
~~SnapLingo = new company I am giving a shot (to fill in some open times I have in the morning and on Friday afternoon/early evenings). This is all done on your cellphone or iPad via their social app for children. Kids from China can talk to kids in the US, but they also schedule actual lessons through the app as well. Lesson material is prepared for you, and you just need to be able to talk about the actual content of the lessons and help guide them along. Pretty simple teaching and process, but the app is a bit annoying in my opinion. They pay about $20/hour as well and would like you to be available during the “normal Chinese hours” as well as AFTER 4pm EST (so it can be convenient).