Review: Star Teachers is a US-based looking for part-time online teachers to give K-12 lessons in their own classroom environment. You will need to manage online classrooms that have up to six students at a time. They have their lesson plans and curriculum but you will need to ensure that you keep up to speed when new materials come out. You will also be expected to grade students on their homework and other activities. There are other types of record keeping involved as well that happen outside of the classroom. Do not apply in less you are legal to work for a US company and have the qualified documents to prove that upon being hired. You must be a native English speaker and be fluent with a neutral US accent. Note: Unable locate company’s website.
Job Overview for Star Teachers:
Pay Rate per Hour:
Native North American
Min Hours Week:
Min Uploading: MB/s
Star Teachers, Inc. is a U.S. based recruiting company specialized in placing American English teachers in reputable companies that hire online teachers as well as teachers who can teach overseas.
We work with kindergarten, elementary, secondary, and college-level teachers who would like to work either full-time or part-time to teach students online in English as a Second Language (ESL), Basic English Literacy, Intermediate English Language Arts, Advanced English Literature and Composition, English Presentation, and Business English Communications.
We will match the expectations of both teachers and employers. Furthermore, we help teachers to achieve flexible work hours, desired workload, adequate training opportunities and wages, and much much more.
Online Part-Time Elementary English Teacher
We are looking for hundreds of qualified English teachers who can work from home and conduct K-12 English instructions via internet in provided e-classroom environment interactively with students.
- Teach with high energy level and ability to engage and motivate students in grade level K-12.
- Teach with excellent presentation skills.
- Actively manage a classroom with 1-6 students.
- Enter e-classroom and start teaching on schedule and on time.
- Receive and respond to constructive feedback and participate in ongoing training and development sessions.
- Mentor and report individual student progress and need-to-improvement areas.
- Respond to or escalate student related issues as they arise.
- Partner with our service and academics support staff to ensure student needs are met.
- Review curriculum and execute lesson plans.
- Complete all grading in a timely manner.
- Work collaboratively with other teachers to ensure that all students are successfully progressing through the online program.
- Keep student records and data up-to-date.
- Consult with other teachers and staff to develop alternate enrichment activities and modifications to increase student understanding.
- Attend staff meetings and required training sessions as required.
- Maintain working computers and the home-based internet to meet online teaching requirements.
- Resolve normal computer and internet issues and learn new teaching tools efficiently.
- Communicate with other teachers and staff promptly to report and address issues and seek help.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be legal to work for a U.S. company, as qualification documents will be required when hired.
- Must be a native English speaker and be fluent in English with a neutral accent.
- A BA/BS college degree in education and/or related field obtained or in progress; ESL/TESOL/TEFL certificate preferred.
- Minimum of 1-year teaching experience.
- Strong technology skills (Microsoft Office, Google apps, and e-classroom software).
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- High level of flexibility in availability to teach.
- Willing to attend ongoing training.
- Comfortable working in the fast-paced environment and frequent communications via the internet.
- Friendly, energetic, and willing to be part of a team.
- Computer Operating System (OS): Windows 7 or above, Mac OS 10.8 or above.
- High-speed home-based internet that meets teaching requirements.
- $13–$22 USD/hour, depends on the position and experience.
- Part-time contractor position.
- Flexible work hours.
- Extensive training and support.