Review: TutaPoint provides live, Internet-based, one-on-one tutoring services in high-school-level courses. You must be a resident of the United States and have a valid Social Security number. You must be enrolled in or have graduated from an American or Canadian college or university and meet TutaPoint.com’s technical requirements. You also must have at least two years of prior teaching experience. TutaPoint tutors are undergraduate students, graduate students, professors, teachers, retired teachers, substitute teachers, and other professionals who have expertise in one or more featured academic subjects. The working hours are from 9:00 am to 1:00 am, Eastern Standard Time. TutaPoint expected you to commit to a minimum of five hours of teaching per week. All of your students are from all over the United States and Canada. You will be paid $14 per hour with additional bonuses and incentives.
Job Overview for TutaPoint:
Pay Rate per Hour:
Native North American
Min Hours Week:
Min Uploading: MB/s
Min Downloading: MB/s
- Must be a resident of the United States and have a valid Social Security number.
- Must have a minimum two years of previous tutoring experience (except in certain subject areas).
- They must be enrolled in or have graduated from an American or Canadian college or university and meet TutaPoint.com’s technical requirements.
- To become a tutor at TutaPoint.com and our associated websites, tutors must have a minimum of two years previous tutoring experience.
- Typically, tutors are undergraduate students, graduate students, professors, teachers, retired teachers, substitute teachers, and other professionals who have expertise in one or more of our featured academic subjects. Beyond comprehension of an academic subject, tutors should be able to successfully communicate with students in an online learning environment.
- Prospective tutors will be asked to fill out an application, demonstrate their skills, and provide references. Upon their entrance into the program, tutors must also complete a final video interview. To ensure the safety of our students, tutors must also undergo a criminal background check.
- Provide students with first-class tutoring.
- Follow the policies and procedures of TutaPoint.com.
- Be on-time for all scheduled tutoring sessions.
- Read and respond to all scheduling requests, reviews, and Tutor Tips.
- Check TutaPoint.com email often for any messages from the Provider Management Team
- Live tutoring from 9:00 am to 1:00 am, Eastern Standard Time. Scheduled sessions are also available, and while scheduling details are up to the individual tutor, tutors are expected to log-in regularly to field instant-help requests and to conduct scheduled tutoring sessions. Tutors who miss appointments will be asked to leave TutaPoint.com.
- During the academic year, tutors are expected to commit to a minimum of five hours of teaching per week, either in scheduled sessions or by taking instant-help requests. Tutors may also schedule tutoring hours outside of the peak times.
- All tutors are independent contractors, and 1099 is issued for tax purposes.
- TutaPoint’s tutors work with students from all over the United States and Canada. Students and their parents learn about our services through their school, library, or through our extensive marketing campaigns. Tutors may also develop their own student base by using TutaPoint.com’s exclusive marketing program.
- Tutors are paid as independent contractors twice per month. Payments are made via check or direct deposit. To start, tutors are paid $14 per hour in addition to bonuses and incentives.
- Tutors are paid for the time they spend with students in TutaPoint’s online classroom. TutaPoint.com does not guarantee that tutors will receive a minimum amount of hours.
- As independent contractors, taxes are not deducted from a tutor’s earning. When a tutor earns more than $600 in a year, an IRS Form 1099 will be sent to the tutor during tax season.
All tutors receive video training on our tutoring procedures and policies, as well as a handbook, sample lesson plans, and a technical guide to our website.