Online English Teacher (Grammar and Composition) for Upswing
Summary(Review): Upswing offers various type of online tutoring services range from Online Tutoring, essay review and writing, etc. They are now hiring Online English Teachers with an emphasis on Grammar and Composition.
Job Overview for Online English Teacher (Grammar and Composition)
Pay Rate per Hour:
1 on 1
Elementary & Junior (age 5-15)
High School & College Prep (age 15-18)
Late Afternoon (3pm-6pm)
Job Details for Online English Teacher (Grammar and Composition)
Native North American
Native Australian/New Zealand
Native South Africa
Bachelor or above
Min Hours Week:
Min Uploading: 5 MB/s
Min Downloading: 10 MB/s
Online English Teacher (Grammar and Composition) Job Description
Upswing Academy aims to help young students to enhance their studies and improve learning skills through research-based curriculum and proven programs, and to prepare them for the future learning and academic success.
We are looking for passionate teachers, who have solid teaching experience and who are self-motived and eager to try something more creative. Our programs focus on the development of foundational reading skills, develop fluent and accurate readers and excellent writers.
Upswing’s WriterWorkshop Online is a comprehensive writing program helping students to forester writing skills, through systematic writing traits mini-lessons and plentiful writing practices. The program covers over 20 different types of writing, such as informational article, explanatory essay, research report, book review, history and science research report. It also employs reading, editing and grammar skills as essential tools to enhance student’s writing abilities.
- Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Be puncture. Deliver the lessons according to the schedule.
- Be prepared. Study the given textbooks, teacher’s edition, software, equipment, or other learning materials thoroughly, maintain a higher standard in the classroom interaction and student’s performance improvement. Follow the lesson pacing guide, but also maintain the flexibility for the students of different needs.
- Show empathy. Do your best to differentiate the learning experience based on the student’s needs, within the framework of the given program.
- Homework correction. Spend a reasonable amount of time in providing feedback to students’ homework.
Use all the assessment tools provided, to measure students’ progress and communicate with the academic director, and parents when needed.
- Job Types: Part-time, Contract
- Salary: $40 to $50 /hour
- Work remotely
Online English Teacher (Grammar and Composition) Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree or above in education or related fields;
- At least two years of teaching experience in high school grammar and composition;
- Self-motived, and willing to move outside the comfort zone to try new materials and different ways of teaching;
- Reliable, punctual, and passionate in teaching
- Experience: Teaching: 2 years (Preferred)
- Licence: OCT (Preferred)
Online English Teacher (Grammar and Composition) Salary and Compensation
- Salary: $40 to $50 /hour
How to Apply to Online English Teacher (Grammar and Composition)?
Company Information for Upswing
Upswing was founded in 2013 in Raleigh, North Carolina. Upswing provides a solution to reach, relate to, and retain today’s non-traditional learners by scaling student services, supporting 24/7 online tutoring, optimizing engagement and utilizing insightful data to identify and support at-risk students.