Review: USA Sishu has a lot of negative feedback in our reviews group. The main criticism is that USAsishu does not clearly state the type of teachers that they are looking for. Many teachers have complained about a link to the processes of the interview and how it is simply a waste of time. Others have complained as well about issues with the management that seems to keep changing policies without notice. Just be careful if you decide to try to get a job with this company.
Job Overview for Online ESL Teacher
Pay Rate per Hour:
Job Details for Online ESL Teacher
Native North American
Native Australian/New Zealand
Native South Africa
Min Hours Week:
Min Uploading: MB/s
Min Downloading: MB/s
- BA degree or higher.
- Native Speaker from an English speaking country, North American is preferred.
- Teaching certificate: state certifications, TESOL, etc.
- ESL teaching experience, being in public education is preferred.
- Good appearance, strong affinity, outgoing personality.
- Love kids, always showing respect for teaching and parents.
- Have a stable environment for teaching: computer, internet connection, and a noise-canceling headset.
- Teaching commitment during peak time: 6pm– 9pm for weekdays, 9am to 9pm for weekends (Beijing time).
- Minimum hours required are 4 weekdays and 1 weekend day.
Compensation & Benefits
- Hourly rate $15-18 per hour according to your experience and trial lecture.
- Paid through PayPal bi-weekly
- Start salary of $15-18 per hour.
- Weekly attendance bonus, special monthly, and performance-based bonuses.
How to Apply
- Please prepare a 1-min self- introduction video before the formal interview.
- You will have 2 rounds of interviews to check the teaching background or rate the teachers.
- After passing the interviews, you will receive training for the whole procedure required to have class in USAsishu.
- After collecting all your entry materials, we will arrange your regular classes in two weeks based on your available hours.
- You will have 2 months probation time, you are supposed to offer good teaching quality and have a positive cooperation with Service Department.
- All your work will be recorded in your annual performance chart which is connected to your contract renewal.
- We have several professional HRs for foreign teachers to solve the problems and they are open to your advice and suggestion.
- Every one or two seasons, we will send the teaching documents to teachers or hold a meeting about the new products and teaching methods.
Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
USAsishu, founded in 2015 in Shanghai, has served over 20,000 kids with 500 ESL teachers. They offer a unique teaching model for the Chinese family to mimic the schedule of an American primary school. Take “Wonders-Reading/Writing Workshop” as their mainline teaching product.
Short-term products such as phonics, grammar, oral or differentiated reading courses. All courses are designed based on the CCSS, using CLIL and Scaffolding Instruction to make sure they have the greatest teaching effect and correspondence with the mainline course.
To meet the needs of different kinds of parents, there are several class sizes. 1-on-1 is tailor to kid’s ability; Teacher & 2 students is a peer class for kids to compete; Teacher & 3 or 4 students is a mini-class which can have more student-student interaction.