Review: I Use English teaches third and fourth-grade Chinese children in group lessons of four to six children. They do have one on one classes as well. You need to have a teaching certificate and be a native US English teacher as well. For group lessons, you will be paid $12 plus bonuses for each hour-long session. One on one classes is paid at $4-6 per 30-minute class.
Job Overview for I Use English
Pay Rate per Hour:
Job Requirements for I Use English
Native North American
Min Hours Week:
Min Uploading: MB/s
Min Downloading: MB/s
We are hiring:
Online Teachers for 3rd & 4th Grade Reading and Writing Classes:
- Teach 4th Grade Reading classes in an online environment;
- The students are Chinese children who are able to communicate in English.
- Class schedule will set up according to teachers’ timeframe;
- Teachers are expected to create lessons and LPs, and grade students’ homework;
- 60 minutes for a class and one class meets once a week;
Desired Skills and Expertise:
- A recognized degree and a teaching qualification at graduate level in the area of Subject proficiency;
- Ideally three years’ proven teaching success in grade school in the U.S.;
- Ability to plan, deliver and evaluate own lessons with an emphasis on stimulating and motivating students to learn;
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively;
- Commitment to excellence in education;
- Adaptability, flexibility, dynamism and a sense of humour.
- Computer skills: MS office / Powerpoint
- Phonics teachers; 6 students a group, 60 minutes a class
- Science teachers for elementary school age students; 6 students a group, 60 minutes a class
- Reading and Writing teachers for 3rd-6th graders; 6 students a group, 60 minutes a class
- History teachers for American History class;
- Scratch teacher / Programming/coding teachers for children;
- ESL/EFL teachers for Let’s Go classes; 4-6 students a group, 40-60 minutes a class
- ESL/EFL teachers for Side by Side classes; 6 students a group, 60 minutes a class
- Teachers/tutors for one on one spoken English class;
Desired Skills & Experience
- Native American English speaker;
- Hold Bachelor’s degree with 3+ year classroom teaching background preferred; (We welcome retired teachers!)
- Be able to create lessons and prepare lesson plans;
- Love teaching! Sincerity, patience, self-motivation, self-management, positive attitude, and the most of all be punctual.
- TEFL/TESOL/CELTA certificate are required for the positions of 6, 7, and 8, with teaching background in kindergarten or elementary school are highly preferred;
- 2 years experience in teaching Scratch in online or classroom circumstances for programming /coding teachers.
- Internet and computer test;
- Observe classes if needed;
- Training 1: Learn to use the video classroom;
- Demo class;
- Training -test;
- Sign contract;
- Teaching practicum;
- Full-fledged teacher.