Online ESL Teacher for I Use English
Summary(Review): I Use English teaches third and fourth-grade Chinese children in group lessons of four to six children. They do have one on one classes as well. You need to have a teaching certificate and be a native US English teacher as well. For group lessons, you will be paid $12 plus bonuses for each hour-long session. One on one classes is paid at $4-6 per 30-minute class. You must have a four year degree along with three years classroom teaching background. They welcome retired teachers. You have to create lesson plans and prepare the lessons as well. Lastly, you need two years of experience in teaching Scratch an online or classroom environment.
Job Overview for Online ESL Teacher
Pay Rate per Hour:
group six students
Elementary & Junior (age 5-15)
High School & College Prep (age 15-18)
Late Afternoon (3pm-6pm)
Job Details for Online ESL Teacher
Native North American
Bachelor or above
Min Hours Week:
Min Uploading: 3 MB/s
Min Downloading: 15 MB/s
Online ESL Teacher Job Description
We are hiring:
Online Teachers for 3rd & 4th Grade Reading and Writing Classes:
- Teach 4th Grade Reading classes in an online environment;
- The students are Chinese children who are able to communicate in English.
- Class schedule will set up according to teachers’ timeframe;
- Teachers are expected to create lessons and LPs, and grade students’ homework;
- 60 minutes for a class and one class meets once a week;
Desired Skills and Expertise:
- A recognized degree and a teaching qualification at graduate level in the area of Subject proficiency;
- Ideally three years’ proven teaching success in grade school in the U.S.;
- Ability to plan, deliver and evaluate own lessons with an emphasis on stimulating and motivating students to learn;
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively;
- Commitment to excellence in education;
- Adaptability, flexibility, dynamism and a sense of humour.
- Computer skills: MS office / Powerpoint
- Phonics teachers; 6 students a group, 60 minutes a class
- Science teachers for elementary school age students; 6 students a group, 60 minutes a class
- Reading and Writing teachers for 3rd-6th graders; 6 students a group, 60 minutes a class
- History teachers for American History class;
- Scratch teacher / Programming/coding teachers for children;
- ESL/EFL teachers for Let’s Go classes; 4-6 students a group, 40-60 minutes a class
- ESL/EFL teachers for Side by Side classes; 6 students a group, 60 minutes a class
- Teachers/tutors for one on one spoken English class;
Desired Skills & Experience
- Native American English speaker;
- Hold Bachelor’s degree with 3+ year classroom teaching background preferred; (We welcome retired teachers!)
- Be able to create lessons and prepare lesson plans;
- Love teaching! Sincerity, patience, self-motivation, self-management, positive attitude, and the most of all be punctual.
- TEFL/TESOL/CELTA certificate are required for the positions of 6, 7, and 8, with teaching background in kindergarten or elementary school are highly preferred;
- 2 years experience in teaching Scratch in online or classroom circumstances for programming /coding teachers.
How to Apply to Online ESL Teacher?
Online ESL Teacher Interview Process & Tips
- Internet and computer test;
- Observe classes if needed;
- Training 1: Learn to use the video classroom;
- Demo class;
- Training -test;
- Sign contract;
- Teaching practicum;
- Full-fledged teacher.
Company Information for I Use English
Welcome to iusEnglish, a premier on-line school that specializes in teaching English to school-aged Chinese children from the ages of seven to fifteen. Our prestigious online school offers students and teachers the ability to connect one-on-one in oral practice lessons or in group classes with lessons focusing on English reading and writing.
Students are provided ample opportunities to improve their English grammar, reading, writing, and conversational skills while learning in a dynamic array of courses. Besides reading, writing and English grammar courses, students may also choose to improve their use of the English language by enrolling in our science classes, history classes, book clubs, and other such classes designed with the purpose of strengthening the student’s use of the English language.
All our classes are carried out on a live-video classroom platform. Students and teachers can talk, view class materials, share media, and annotate at the same time. The classes are lively, fun and educational.
Our school is growing fast. We have stable student resources, and we have successfully created unique teaching methods and curriculums, which are highly appreciated by the students and their parents. Because of our incredible growth, we are now looking for more quality teachers to join us. Teachers are able to work from the comfort of their own homes in the hours and days of their choosing. The benefits of joining iusEnglish are innumerable. Besides earning extra income, teachers are rewarded by watching the continual progress of their students week by week. It is a win-win situation, and we hope you will consider joining our team.