Review: Weblio mainly hires ESL teachers from the Philippines to teach Japanese students through WebRTC (Weblio’s own learning platform). You must have at least a Bachelor’s/College Degree in any field, preferably in Communication and Education with at least 1-year of teaching experience. You will evaluate student’s performance and do lesson reports after the class. Your salary is based on how many lessons you conduct, and each lesson is 25 minutes long. Applicants living in the Philippines may process their TIN, and BDO/BPI savings account while moving to the next steps of the application process. Applicants who are living outside the country are required to have a tax identification number issued in the Philippines and a BDO/BPI savings account number to proceed with the next steps of the application process. Note: Applicants are required to have the TIN and with a minimum download speed of 3 Mbps.
Job Overview for Weblio
Pay Rate per Hour:
Late Afternoon (3pm-6pm)
Job Details for Weblio
Native North American
Native Australian/New Zealand
Native South Africa
Min Hours Week:
Min Uploading: MB/s
Min Downloading: MB/s
Weblio Job Requirements
- Required skill(s): proficient in English, excellent tutoring skills, excellent time management skills, highly-motivated and passionate in teaching, good at multitasking and troubleshooting, can deal with different personality types
- Tutor is expected to be reliable in all aspects: teaching skills, punctuality, internet and PC equipment
- Required Language:English
- With or without teaching experience
- Candidates must have a tax identification number issued in the Philippines
- Download speed: at least 3 mbps (actual result)
- Ping: not more than 30 ms
- Wired connection
- PC type: laptop or desktop only
- OS for Windows: at least Windows 7
- OS for for MAC: as long as Google Chrome is still able to update to the latest version
- CPU: core i3 or higher (recommended) as long as 2.53 ghz or higher
- Memory: 4 gb or higher
- Screen Resolution: 1280 x 800 or higher
Weblio Job Description
- Conduct English lessons at home to Japanese students through WebRTC (Weblio’s own learning platform)
- Follow Weblio’s online English teaching guidelines
- Establish a learning environment that encourages students to enhance their interest in English
- Your salary is based on the number of lessons you conduct
- Initial rate of Php 100 for every 50-minute regular lesson and Php 110 for every 50-minute corporate lesson
- A tutor can get a maximum rate of up to Php 150 per 50-minute lesson for regular lessons and Php 160 per 50-minute lesson for corporate lessons
- Get the chance to receive a top performer bonus!
- All lessons are one-on-one class
- Peak hours are from Mon-Fri 8am-5pm (except Japan school vacations – summer, spring, winter)
- Regular students are available 24/7
- Be part of shaping the minds of Japanese students through our corporate online English lessons
- Experience teaching to a wide range of students from different English levels and backgrounds through our regular online English lessons
How to Apply to Weblio?
Weblio Interview Process & Tips
- Fill out the application form.
2. Readiness Test
- After submitting your application form, you will be invited for an online teaching readiness quiz. The test is divided into 2 main categories: (1) Grammar and (2) Web Navigation. You need to reach a passing mark of at least 90% to be able to proceed to the next step. Don’t worry, you can retake the test for as many times as you need to reach the required score.
3. Online Interview
- You will receive an email confirmation regarding your online interview approximately 1-2 days ahead. Our Recruit Team will interview you to determine whether or not you can proceed to the next steps of your application. Please carefully read the interview guidelines provided in the email.
4. Comprehension Check Quiz
- Once you pass the interview, you’re going to be asked to do a self-training about the company – its background, history, rules, etc. After which, you need to take and pass the Comprehension Check Quiz.
5. Demo Lesson and Follow-up Questions
- This is your final step before you start teaching! Conduct a lesson with one of our admin staff who will pretend as your student. In this demo, our team will determine if you are ready to conduct lessons with real students. You will be booked 2 paid lesson slots for your demo.
6. Start teaching and earning
- You can start opening your schedule and start teaching in the comfort of your home.