Review: Weblio mainly hires ESL teachers from the Philippines to teach Japanese students through WebRTC (Weblio’s own learning platform). You must have at least a Bachelor’s/College Degree in any field, preferably in Communication and Education with at least 1-year of teaching experience. You will evaluate student’s performance and do lesson reports after the class. Your salary is based on how many lessons you conduct, and each lesson is 25 minutes long. Applicants living in the Philippines may process their TIN, and BDO/BPI savings account while moving to the next steps of the application process. Applicants who are living outside the country are required to have a tax identification number issued in the Philippines and a BDO/BPI savings account number to proceed with the next steps of the application process. Note: Applicants are required to have the TIN and with a minimum download speed of 3 Mbps.
Job Overview for Weblio
Pay Rate per Hour
Teaching Experience in Years
Minimal Hours per week
Internet Speed (MB/s)
- Fill out the application form.
2. Readiness Test
- After submitting your application form, you will be invited for an online teaching readiness quiz. The test is divided into 2 main categories: (1) Grammar and (2) Web Navigation. You need to reach a passing mark of at least 90% to be able to proceed to the next step. Don’t worry, you can retake the test for as many times as you need to reach the required score.
3. Online Interview
- You will receive an email confirmation regarding your online interview approximately 1-2 days ahead. Our Recruit Team will interview you to determine whether or not you can proceed to the next steps of your application. Please carefully read the interview guidelines provided in the email.
4. Comprehension Check Quiz
- Once you pass the interview, you’re going to be asked to do a self-training about the company – its background, history, rules, etc. After which, you need to take and pass the Comprehension Check Quiz.
5. Demo Lesson and Follow-up Questions
- This is your final step before you start teaching! Conduct a lesson with one of our admin staff who will pretend as your student. In this demo, our team will determine if you are ready to conduct lessons with real students. You will be booked 2 paid lesson slots for your demo.
6. Start teaching and earning
- You can start opening your schedule and start teaching in the comfort of your home.