Out of all of the schools that teach ESL to Chinese which one is the best? What I mean by best is the highest pay, most amount of hours, time off, etc.
Magic Ears is the best.
- When you get sick, you can cancel class. No penalties.
- Pays better than VIPKID (VIPKID paid me $19/hour, M.E. pays me $22/hour
- Teaching platform at Magic Ears is way better than VIPKID
- Support is top notch, it’s human. Feels like a family rather than a big corporation.
- There’s no ban on “incidental language.” Much simpler and easier
- Since it’s not up to the parents to select the teacher, you get booked from day one (instead of waiting for months to market yourself, like at VIPKID)
The best is VIPKid if you can get hired. Magic Ears, Landi, Jiliguala, SayABC are other good ones as well. Just look through the list of online ESL Chinese Schools.
I work for Magic Ears and I really like them. They are new and still learning. For a while there were suspicions that they were not hiring African Americans. But since then there have been multiple people of color hired. A teacher of color was the “feature teacher”‘ on the Facebook page the other day.
They ARE picky about hiring only people from the USA or Canada, however. They will not hire people from South Africa because their customers demand the North American accent.
The thing I really like about ME is that if I get sick, they just give my classes to another teacher. No penalties. You also will get booked immediately and your bookings will grow steadily over time as you perform well. They also pay higher than VIPKID. I am also a teacher with VIPKID and I like them, but many new teachers there are not getting booked because they are booked by the parents. At ME, the staff books you.
Here is a guide, hope this is useful!
Please login or Register to submit your answer