Job Overview for APAX English
Salary per month:
Minimal Teaching Hours Per Week:
APAX English – Vietnam’s fastest growing and most innovative English training center – is recruiting qualified, native English teachers to work at our centers all across this beautiful country.
APAX English by April launched in Vietnam in May 2015 in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City, and continues its expansion throughout the northern, central, and southern regions. Our program brought a new style of curriculum and standard that is continuing to raise the bar of English education in Vietnam. In addition, the iGarten programme was developed and launched shortly thereafter, catering to younger learners, and is seeing impressive growth with more opportunities available to teachers. Our 4.0 programme caters to older students from 15 to 18 years, and we expect to see further expansion of this programme in the future.
- Preparing and delivering fully organized lessons that are provided (no lesson planning is required)
- classroom management
- marking and providing appropriate feedback to quizzes, writing assignments, etc.
- attending and contributing to training sessions
- basic administration: taking attendance, inputting grades, giving monthly feedback on student progress, etc.
- Attending and contributing to training sessions and workshops
- Participating in a limited amount of paid marketing events (e.g. lesson demos) for the language centre
- Centre schedule: Tuesday-Sunday evenings, Saturday/Sunday mornings and afternoons
- Hours per week: 18-21 teaching/contact; 25-30 including administrative
- Average class size of 10-15 students; 16 maximum
- Native English passport holder (UK, Ireland, Canada, US, New Zealand, Australia, South Africa)
- Bachelor’s degree certificate*
- ESL Teaching certificate* OR a minimum of 5 years
- experience in teaching/training
- National background check* from the last 6 months
SALARY / BENEFITS:
- base salary range of 32,000,000 VND – 38,600,000 VND for up to 21 teaching contact hours per week
- Over-time hourly rate of 525,000 VND if maximum teaching hours is surpassed
- monthly accommodation allowance of 6,450,000 VND
- bonuses for working in Pleiku between 4 – 12 months (13,500,000 VND –
- 10,000,000 VND – 55,000,000 VND pioneering at 4, 8 and 12 month dependent on city
- 12-month contract completion bonus of 10,750,000
- Two days off per week (Monday plus one more day allocated Tue-Sun dependent on schedule)
- ~20 vacation days. Mainly prearranged holidays with 6 flexible days
- health insurance support
- work permit reimbursement upon 12-month completion contract completion
- average class size of 10-16 students
- provided training
- opportunities for advancement (not only teaching)
- ongoing teacher support
The curriculum and program originated in South Korea in 2007, revised 5 years later. It targets primary and secondary school learners to develop communicative competence based on intrinsic motivation and immersion. Leveraging education-based technology tools such as automated speech recognition, smart boards, and e-learning systems, students can improve their expressive skills and logical thinking abilities via experiential learning.
APAX English is continuously expanding, with over 50 centres in Vietnam, and 100 campuses in Korea, China, and the Philippines. Its success stems from the highly designed program, cognitive objectives and teaching methodologies, effective online training system for teachers evaluated and approved by the Korean Association for Teachers of English, and our passionate and caring teachers.
Work Permit and VISA Matter
APAX English will take care that for you to work in Vietnam.
How to Apply?
About APAX English
14 Lang Ha, Ha Noi, Vietnam