Review: Education in English (EIE) is an English program based in China that aims to provide Chinese students with the English speaking, writing, and comprehension skills they need in an increasingly globalized world. The program began in Toronto, Canada in 1988, when Canadian teachers were first contracted to go teach in various Chinese universities. Many of our teachers are recruited from Canada and the US, but teachers join us from all around the globe, including from the UK, Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand.
Job Overview for Education in English:
Salary Per Month:
High School & College Prep (age 15-18)
Adult (age 18+)
Job Requirements for Education in English
Bachelor or above
Native North American
Native Australian/New Zealand
Native South Africa
Min Hours Per Week:
- Salary range: 7000-9000 yuan/Month
- Class schedule: Monday to Friday
- Class size: 20-35 students
- Class duration: 45 minutes/teaching period
- Student age group: around 20 years old
- Classroom Settings: Classroom teaching, textbooks are provided
- School location (city, country) Yantai city, Shandong province; Zhengzhou city, Henan province; Changsha city, Hunan province.
- Minimal weekly hour commitment (and Max if it applies):16-22 teaching periods
- Native/Non-Native： Native
- Accent preferences：North American English
- Bachelor’s degree requirement: YES
- Teaching experience requirement: YES, or a Bachelor degree that was majored in English or Education
- TEFL/TESOL/CELTA certificate requirement: NO
- Contract length: one or two school year contracts.
- Great thing about this job? We provide two hours of free Chinese lessons to teachers, Chinese support staff and native English speaker as the adminstrator
- VISA sponsorship We will help the teacher to receive the Z visa, documents authentication fee will be reimbursed.
How to Apply
- Send Resume to HR Diane Diao via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit Your Info to OETJobs to Receive Teach Abroad Job updates
About Education in English
Education in English (EIE) is an English program based in China that aims to provide Chinese students with the English speaking, writing, and comprehension skills they need in an increasingly globalized world. The program began in Toronto, Canada in 1988, when Canadian teachers were first contracted to go teach in various Chinese universities. This was at a time when China was just beginning to open its doors to the West after decades of seclusion during the Cultural Revolution. The founders of the company recognized the importance of learning English for Chinese students looking to expand their career opportunities both within China and on the international stage. In 1993, EIE first opened its own English teaching program at Hebei Normal University. From then, the company has steadily expanded to its present size, spanning over 10 campuses across six cities.
The agency is located in China and registered in Toronto, Canada. http://educationinenglish.org/about.html