Review: First Leap is an English language teaching chain and part of Tal, which is the one of the largest educational group in China. It has numerous branches and local centers throughout China.
Job Overview for First Leap:
Salary Per Month:
Late Afternoon (3pm-6pm)
Preschool (age 3-5)
Elementary & Junior (age 5-15)
Job Requirements for First Leap
Bachelor or above
Native North American
Native Australian/New Zealand
Native South Africa
Min Hours Per Week:
First Leap Job Requirements
- Native English speakers speaks English at an Idiomatic level. UK, US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Ireland, and South Africa.
- Degree: BA or above (Education, linguistics or English degree given top priority).
- Experience: TEFL / other teaching certificate OR 2 years teaching experience required.
- Teaching license issued by your home country is a bonus.
- Relocate: Must be willing to relocate to China.
First Leap Job Description
- Competitive Pay!
- Visa expenses covered with Airfare Bonus.
- 32 Hours work week, includes time to prepare classes!
- Teaching fun subjects like Music, Science, Global Leadership & more with the help of interactive Smart Board.
- No Teaching, ESL, or Chinese language experience required!
- First Leap also teaches different subjects in the English: Art, Music, Science, Drama, etc.
- Student age range: 1.5 – 12 years old.
- Class size: 10 – 14 students in one class.
- Class length: 40 minutes to 1 hour containing various creative teaching techniques.
- Working Hours: 36 Hours (Wed – Sun Work Week); office hours, training and teaching hours
First Leap Local Branches in China
Include and not limited to the following cities,
Anshan, Baoding, Beijing, Changsha, Changzhou, Chongqing, Danyang, Hefei, Hohhot, Linyi, Nanchang, Nanjing, Qingdao, Qinhuangdao, Shanghai, Shenyang, Shijiazhuang, Taiyuan, Tangshan, Wuxi, Zhengzhou, Zhenjiang, Zhuhai
First Leap Compensation
- Base Salary: USD 1400 – 1900 per month
- PLUS Housing allowance of USD 290 – 580 monthly
- Monthly bonuses based on performance
- Airfare Bonus: Provided once contract is fulfilled USD 1100 (RMB 8,000)
- Insurance: Basic Chinese health insurance.
- Chinese Public Holidays off + Christmas and New Years Day off!
- Annual Holiday: 1st year teacher has 3 paid annual leave.
- Sick Leave: 5 paid days’ sick leave.
- Organized team-building activities
- Personal Career Development Planning
How to Apply to First Leap?
First Leap Interview Process
School Info of First Leap
First Leap China was established in Beijing in 2009 providing quality after-school English training for children aged 1.5 – 15 years old, in a fun, motivating and entirely English speaking environment. First Leap has expanded to over 100 centers in 30 cities across China.
First Leap China is a member company of TAL Education Group (NYSE: TAL). First Leap teaches different subjects in English, a method based on and incorporating several educational theories. Curriculum is not only developed, but each lesson has been prepared and tested. Classrooms features smart board technology, a limit of just 14 students per class and a Chinese teaching assistant.
Beyond the classroom, First Leap China is the perfect opportunity to explore a foreign land and culture while maintaining a fulfilling and exciting job. Come to China to learn a new language, experience a new culture, taste a new cuisine, meet new people, improve your teaching ability or just spice up your life. When you join First Leap China, you join a community of over 400+ international teachers, as well as thousands of Chinese co-workers, all ready to support you, both in the workplace and out as you adjust to life in China.