Job Overview for Korean Horizons:
Salary Per Month:
Early Morning (6am-9am)
Elementary & Junior (age 5-15)
Bachelor or above
Native North American
Min Hours Per Week:
We provide government public schools in South Korea. We are an official recruitment agency of EPIK & Regional education offices (GOE, IMOE and CNOE.) We are able to provide public schools nationwide.
We are here to assist you with the employment process. And after all, that’s why it is good to come to a recruitment agency. We provide a safety net for you. Apply direct to an educational institution and you are on your own! If you are having problems with your school… Or you need some information or help, you can contact us and we will provide you with some advice… You might not always like it, but it will be the truth. And that’s really our philosophy, to provide you with a completely trustworthy service….right from the initial phase of introducing you to the education office, to making sure that you are content with your teaching position and if there’s anything you need we will always be available. Please see our testimonals or simply search the internet & see what others say about our service.
We are a legally recognized company in South Korea, Business Registration Number: 609-91-46010. Our consultants have had several years of teaching experience…good & bad…. So rest assured and feel comfortable that when you contact us to help you, we will provide a comprehensive service.
We provide services that no other recruitment company provides. In addition to all of the benefits a public school will provide; we provide an introduction package including a South Korean lonely planet travel guide, a Korean pocket-size phrase book, a T-money card, a plug-adaptor and maps of South Korea and your regional location. Plus you can use our interest-free Supermarket credit service (click here) to have anything delivered to your school and it’s available for 365 days of your contract. Simply pay us back when you get paid.
And also before you come to Korea, chat live with a consultant to discuss any question you may have, current positions available or talk about Korea in general. Whilst you are teaching in Korea, use this for tips & advice…this service is a click away & free for all!! We are the only EFL recruitment agency to offer this service.
Search our name in google and check our reputation.
All of this and much more making Korean Horizons relevant to you before you come & whilst you are here.
South Korea – Public Schools available Nationwide
These positions are to teach in Public Schools – Elementary, Middle and High Schools.
Start date available each month.
22 classes per week and 1 class would be between 40-50mins in duration.
Hours are 8:30am-4:30pm Monday to Friday. Typically, your scheduled would be to arrive at school at 8:30am in the morning; and from 9am to 3pm over the whole week, you would be responsible for 22 classes (4 or 5 classes per day.) You’ll have lunch each day between 12pm-1pm and then at 3pm the children will go home. From that time to 4:30pm you will be preparing your lessons for the next day.
Salary is in accordance with your resume and will range between 2.2m-2.95m ($2,030-$2,720USD.) Income is also tax-free to all citizens (except Canadians and those from Ireland)
Benefits include :
• Rent-free single furnished apartment near your school
• 300,000 won one-time settlement allowance
• Round-trip airfare allowance of 2,600,000 won
• 18 working days paid vacation + national holidays (5 weeks in total)
• Medical contributions
• Pension contributions
• 1 month salary bonus on completion of contract
• Sick paid leave allowance
• Special leave allowance
• 1 week additional paid vacation (6 weeks in total) if you renew your contract after the first year + increase in pay + renewal bonus 2.0m won
• Korean co-teacher to assist with your classes
As a Korean Horizons Teacher, you will also receive :
1. Airport pickup by us personally, hotel (a BUSINESS Hotel – not a Love Hotel!) for 1 evening & transport to the education office / school.
2. Free Dinner and breakfast together with us + all of the arrival teachers
3. Introduction pack (including a Travel Adapter, a Travel Card, Flask, a Travel Guide, a Lonely Planet Phrasebook & other goodies)
4. Order anything you like using our interest-free Supermarket credit service from any online Korean store & pay us back once you get paid your salary.
To apply, you need :
1. To be a citizen of the US, the UK, Canada, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand or South Africa.
2. To be under 62.
3. To have a bachelor in any field. If it is not in education, you will also need a TEFL/TESOL certificate.
4. To have a clean criminal history.
How to Apply?
Oakary works directly with Korean Horizons and many others. It helps you land a job quicker and smoother by not only allow you to submit one application and match you with MULTIPLE Online ESL companies based on your teaching preferences and qualifications, but also assist the interview process and communication with the recruiters. Learn more
or Submit your application via the form
About Korean Horizons