Abroad ESL Teacher for MondragonLingua
Summary(Review): MondragonLingua, a language school in the Basque Country, northern Spain, is looking for enthusiastic teachers to join our friendly, supportive teams in Arrasate-Mondragon and Onati. We are looking for ‘all-rounders’ who are seeking to gain experience teaching a range of classes. Arrasate and Onati are within easy reach of the Basque capitals and a 45-minute drive from the coast. Both towns are surrounded by stunning mountainous countryside which tends to attract lovers of the outdoors
Job Overview for Abroad ESL Teacher:
Salary Per Month:
Late Afternoon (3pm-6pm)
Preschool (age 3-5)
Elementary & Junior (age 5-15)
High School & College Prep (age 15-18)
Adult (age 18+)
Job Details for Abroad ESL Teacher
Bachelor or above
Native North American
Native Australian/New Zealand
Native South Africa
Min Hours Per Week:
Abroad ESL Teacher Job Description
MondragonLingua, a language school in the Basque Country, northern Spain, is looking for enthusiastic teachers to join our friendly, supportive teams in Arrasate-Mondragon and Onati. We are looking for ‘all-rounders’ who are seeking to gain experience teaching a range of classes. Arrasate and Onati are within easy reach of the Basque capitals and a 45-minute drive from the coast. Both towns are surrounded by stunning mountainous countryside which tends to attract lovers of the outdoors.
Start: 16 September 2019
End: end June or July 2020
– An average week involves 24 hours’ teaching – children, teenagers, young adults, as well as business, general and exam classes – a bit of everything usually. You may also be involved in Skype classes.
– The weekly workload varies slightly depending mainly on which intensive courses are on from week to week.
– Classes usually start at 7.30, 7.45 or 8.00. Classes often finish at around 20.00. There are of course periods of inactivity during the working day.
– Some of the lessons may be in-company, which means you have to travel from place to place. Company car available.
– The contract has a 3-month trial period. This protects both sides, employee and employer
Abroad ESL Teacher Job Requirements
– Degree required
– Preferred qualifications: Cambridge CELTA or Trinity CertTESOL
– Proficient user of English
– Proficient user of and ability to teach French, German or Italian an advantage, but not essential to apply
– EU National
– clean driving license and willingness to drive
– first-class references on request
– proof of criminal record check
– proficient typist and IT user (MS Word, MS Excel…)
– confident in public, good communication skills
– reliable, punctual, able to meet deadlines
– willing to adapt to our clients’ culture.
Preferable (not essential)
– basic command of Spanish
– own transport
Abroad ESL Teacher Salary and Compensation
Details of salary at interview
– We invite teachers for a week’s training prior to starting their classes (week beginning 9th September) which includes observing a variety of classes, attending best practice sessions and thorough handovers
– Best practice sessions are held throughout the year by our experienced team
– Help and support is always at hand
– We find shared accommodation (average monthly rent: 700 for a 3-roomed flat = 250 + bills per person).
– Possibility of renewed contract for 2020-2021.
– We pick you up from the airport eg. Bilbao and take you to your flat.
Typically, you would have about 2 calendar weeks at Christmas (Dec. 22-Jan 6 approx.), 10 calendar days at Easter, plus one or two national holidays/saints’ days throughout the year (fiestas and puentes).
How to Apply to Abroad ESL Teacher?
Company Information for MondragonLingua
MondragonLingua, Founded in 1973, provides language training services to more than 8,500 students each year through its 5 centers in Bilbo-Bilbao, Vitoria-Gasteiz, Donostia-San Sebastian, Arrasate-Mondragon and Oñati. It uses next generation systems both on-line and off-line, with flexible classroom-based classes, Skype/WebEx sessions, tutorials and complementary activities.
MondragonLingua has earned the Golden Q Quality certification for EFQM management, but its main guarantee is its long history of more than 40 years in the market, the number of students it serves every year and the corporate clients and schools that trust in its work.
The MondragonLingua Group is the leader in linguistic services in the Basque Country and one of the main companies in its sector in Spain. It belongs to the MONDRAGON Corporation, a one-of-a-kind industrial corporation in the world in terms of its cooperative organization model, with headquarters in Arrasate – Mondragon. It employs more than 75,000 people, has 105 industrial plants in different countries and holds 7th place in the ranking of Spanish companies.