ESL Teachers for YBM
Summary(Review): YBM Language Institutes, founded in 1961, is searching for dynamic and professional instructors to join its team in Seongnam and Seoul. They are currently have teaching openings in adult EFL teaching positions (full-time) in Seongnam and Seoul.
Job Overview for ESL Teachers:
Salary Per Month:
Late Afternoon (3pm-6pm)
Adult (age 18+)
Job Details for ESL Teachers
Bachelor or above
Native North American
Native Australian/New Zealand
Native South Africa
Min Hours Per Week:
ESL Teachers Job Description
Adult EFL Teaching Positions (full-time) in Seongnam and Seoul
YBM Language Institutes is searching for dynamic and professional instructors to join its team in Seongnam and Seoul. Instructors with the adult EFL programs are offered contracts whose conditions are guaranteed by its corporate office (no franchises) and supported by a company whose reputation is second to none.
Working with English speaking academic supervisors and administrative staff, instructors are provided with complete support and assistance to help students meet their language development goals through Speaking, Topic Discussion, Business English, and English for Academic Purposes classes. Instructors make use of commercially published texts, standardized lessons / supplements, and materials designed by teachers themselves.
Small group and one-to-one classes with adult learners provide each instructor with a meaningful teaching experience as well as opportunities for professional development.
LOCATIONS & START DATES
All positions listed below are for full-time instructors. Applicants must be available to attend paid training sessions in the last week of the month preceding their intended start dates. Teaching begins as of the first weekday on or closest to the 1st of the month.
• YBM Bundang – April / May
• YBM Jongno – May
- Six 50-minute classes per day, 25 teaching hours per week, Monday – Friday.
- Opportunities for Saturday classes.
ESL Teachers Job Requirements
- Formal EFL teaching experience with adult learners
- and/or CELTA, TEFL certification (preferred)
- Hold a valid passport and undergraduate diploma from Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa, the United States, or the United Kingdom.
- Positive, energetic outlook and demeanor
ESL Teachers Salary and Compensation
- PREPAID, round trip airfare to and from Korea.
- Base salary up to 2.4 million won per month.
- Key money for housing deposit PLUS monthly housing allowance.
- Severance bonus equal to one month’s salary, per year of employment.
- 11 days paid vacation + Korean national holidays.
- Paid pre-service training and accommodations.
- Visa processing costs reimbursed.
- Employer contributions to national medical insurance and pension plans.
How to Apply to ESL Teachers?
ESL Teachers Interview Process & Tips
To apply for any of the positions above, email the following documents to the national academic director for YBM Language Institutes at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover letter & resume (including contact information, educational/employment history, and employment references).
- Scanned copy of passport information page
- Scanned copy of federal-level criminal record check, no older than six-months from time
of issuance, with affixed apostille (notarized copy of a fingerprint-based RCMP check for Canadian citizens).
- Scanned copy of university diploma with affixed apostille (notarized for Canadian citizens).
- Recent photo.
- Indication of preferred starting dates and locations (see above listings).
- If residing/working in Korea: scanned copy of Alien Registration Card (front and back), signed and dated letter of release from employer, and copies of the above-mentioned documents as previously submitted to the Korea Immigration Services.
- The complete set of documents is required for all applicants, regardless of the intended full or part-time position, current visa status, and prior length of stay in the Republic of Korea. No interviews will be scheduled for any position unless all the documents listed above are submitted via email.
Company Information for YBM
Founded in 1961, YBM publishes the Korean language edition of National Geographic, and is the official test administrator for the TOEIC and the Microsoft Office User exams in Korea. As the largest and most respected educational service provider in Korea, YBM offers upwardly mobile career opportunities throughout its publishing, testing, and academies divisions.
The proud history of YBM, which spans more than five decades, is essentially the history of English education in Korea itself.
In the 1960s, when materials for studying English were limited to prep books for the college entrance exam, we launched a magazine for English learners, delivering current English expressions and overseas news to Korea.
In the early 1970s, YBM was quick to take advantage of the new technology of cassette tape players, starting a new era of language education focused on listening and speaking skills.
During Korea’s globalization in the 1980s, we opened the first professional English conversation school in the country that employed exclusively native English-speaking teachers.
In the early 1990s, before English was officially made a required subject in elementary schools, YBM opened private English schools for children throughout Korea.
The TOEIC (Test of English for International Communication) test, which we had introduced to Korea in the 1980s, also saw rapid growth in popularity around this time, and its standardized structure helped improve the efficiency of corporate recruitment systems.
In the 2000s, we expanded our online English education businesses as the Internet flourished, and led new speaking and writing test businesses to success.
YBM’s growth is driven by the experience and reputation we have developed over the past half-century. Ever adapting to the rapid evolution of technology, we provide superior educational products and services through diverse media channels that include traditional outlets as well as Internet and mobile device applications.