Hi, my name is Camden, and I have been teaching online off and on for about 8 years. I like teaching children and have been doing so since I was 15 years old.
I am currently working at home while teaching English on Palfish.
Take the time to look at the other online teacher profiles to give you an idea of what works and what doesn’t work then you can put your own creative and authentic touch on creating and building up your profile.
Tips for teachers wanting to switch jobs:
Take out a sheet of paper and list why you want to switch jobs and what options you have if you do make that decision.
If you are considering to become an online English teacher then now is the best time to do so. It’s free and there’s absolutely no risk involved.
I switched more jobs than most people can imagine. Have a job that makes you happy to wake up in the morning.
Take a really fresh shower, have a professional appearance, and appropriate background, earphones, and a very good light so that your face is very clear and there is no shadow.
Don’t be afraid to make mistakes. Speak clearly, be patient and be a keen listener.
Your favorite company to work for and why:
Palfish is my favorite company to work for.
Jobs to avoid and why:
Jobs where you do not have control of how much money you make. Also, I really don’t like jobs that have contracts.
Information and Requirements for Palfish
- Fluent in English
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Creative and energetic
- Passionate about students English
Recommended but not required:
- Experience in English teaching
- Holding English teaching certificate( e.g. TEFL)*
- You are able to set your own rate. Palfish does not influence your decision at all.
- For one-to-one class, the average pay rate is approximately $10-18 per hour. However, there are teachers charging more than $30 per hour and still quite popular. Note: This is what they advertise, but teachers have reported much lower pay.