Review: 31abc is relatively small compares to many out there, but they take care of their teachers by maximizing their teaching hours with a fixed schedule and the same recurring student. They only hire native English speakers. 31abc accepts non-degree holders if you have extensive teaching experience. TEFL, TESOL or TESL certificates, teaching experience with kids is a plus. You must have good computer skills and good internet, where you would be using Zoom, a video conference tool similar to Skype, for delivering the lesson. You will have the same students 3 days a week, either MWF or Tue-Thu-Sat 6pm-10pm Beijing time for one year. Which means very stable teaching hours and income for teachers. They have a very competitive salary, $18 base per hour + $4 bonus based on performance. Salary range from $18-26. Average new teachers receive $22-23 per hour. The base pay will bump up for every 1,000 classes for qualified and well-performed teachers, from $20 to $26. Different from most of the schools, only one review per month instead of after every single class since you’re having the same students after all. You will be teaching one-on-one or up to two students from 4 to 12 years old. Total 9 hours of minimal weekly hour commitment and minimal 6 months commitment.
Job Overview for 31abc
Pay Rate per Hour
Teaching Experience in Years
Minimal Hours per week
Internet Speed (MB/s)
- Hourly Rate: $18-26 per hour
- Student Age Group: age 5-12
- Class Size: up to 3 students
- Class Length: 28 min
- The number of Class Session per week:
- 3 days a week, either MWF or Tue-Thu-Sat 6pm-10pm Beijing time for one year.
- Class Schedule:
- M – Sat: 6pm-10pm
- (Beijing time)
- Minimal weekly commitment: 1.5 hours (3 28-min classes)
- Contract Length: min of 6 months
- Bachelor’s degree or above (Education, linguistics or English degree preferred)
- Must be native English speakers, US/Canada preferred.
- Access to a desktop computer or laptop
- Internet connection Min 5 Mbps downloading and uploading speed. Test it
- Headset and HD webcam
- English lesson will be delivered via the video conference software Zoom via computer. Students have the option to use iPad, but teachers must use a computer.
- 3 days a week
- either MWF or Tue-Thu-Sat
- 6pm-10pm Beijing time
- Lessons are delivered throughout one year period
- $20/hour basic rate+ bonus for qualified teachers.
- Average new teachers receive $22-23 per hour. The base pay will bump up for every 1,000 classes for qualified and well-performed teachers, from $20, $23, $25, to $28.
- $4 per hour bonus based on performance, where is based on the monthly review
all trial classes will get paid doubled if students sign up, regardless of the first 3 or not. If students sign up within the first 3 classes, from that class onwards, teachers get paid.
- Skype prescreen or submit an intro video
- Skype phone interview
- Training 2-3 hours to go over the basic teaching materials
- Mock class with real students
- Trial class (the first class and determine whether or not students and teachers are a good match)
- Regular classes (3 days a week, either MWF or Tue-Thu-Sat 6pm-10pm Beijing time for one year)
How to Apply?
Apply via Oakary with One Application and we will match you multiple jobs based on your qualifications and teaching preferences
Founded in 2016. HQ in Shanghai.