Review: 51 Talk is looking to hire English teacher from the Philippines only. This company mainly hires teachers from the Philippines but others are welcome to apply if you have a neutral accent. They are almost always looking for new teachers and as long as you are fluent in English and have the proper accent then you should apply. You must be available for at least 25 hours a month and have a college degree. They teach both one-on-one and group lessons.
Job Overview for 51 Talk:
Pay Rate per Hour:
Preschool (age 3-5)
Bachelor or above
Min Hours Week:
Min Uploading: 3 MB/s
Note: This is one of the few Chinese companies that teach children all day long. In order to work the daytime(Beijing Hours), You will have to sign-up for at least three night time classes.
Register online and provide all the necessary information
Meet the Requirements
Pass the assessments and complete the training.
Open the required number of lesson slots and start teaching
Home-Based Online English Teacher
We’re looking for experienced and potential teachers who love working with kids. 51Talk teachers love to make learning fun, and they bring excitement and energy to every lesson!
- Conduct 25-minute, one-on-one English lessons to Chinese kids online
- Booking – The more slots the teacher opens, the more chances of getting booked.
- Teachers are expected to teach during the evening and weekend peak hours. Top performing teachers earn as much as PHP 80,000 per month.
- Teach the English language to Chinese students online and evaluate their performance based on set guidelines
- Prepare and study the teaching materials before the lesson starts
- Conduct one-on-one video lessons with students within the prescribed time
- Provide corrective feedback and ensure that the students understand each lesson
- Create a lesson memo with the necessary feedback about the topics discussed
- Bachelor’s degree / Graduate of a 4-year course
- Experience teaching kids / K12 / Early Childhood / Elementary (preferred)
- English teaching certifications such as LET / TEYL / TESOL / TEFL (preferred)
- Must have passion, energy, and enthusiasm in teaching
- Availability to teach at least 33.5 hours per cutoff (each lesson lasts 25 minutes) during the following peak times:
- * 7p.m. – 10p.m. (Mon-Fri)
- * 9a.m. – 10p.m. (Sat-Sun)
CPU / Processor
Dual core processor 1Ghz or above, Intel Core i3 / i5 / i7 or AMD equivalent is highly required
At least 2GB of RAM (4 GB is recommended) with 60GB free hard disk space available
3 Mbps and up wired DSL Internet connection (USB sticks, signal-based & wireless connections are not allowed)