Online ESL Teacher for Yeko
Summary(Review): Attention: Many teachers reported to OETJobs that Yeko is not paying their teachers. Here’re two separate messages of the many received today, Aug 21, 2020.“from Today, they have played so many teachers, firing them, sending them dismissal emails announcing them about bankruptcy even though they plan to continue to work. They haven’t payed their teachers. They owe around $900 which is quite huge amount for some teachers. This is a disaster that happened today and we are pretty shocked because we could not believe that they could do such a thing. They blocked teachers on social apps and don’t reply on our emails. I am writing this to warn other teachers that it might also happen to them.” My bf and I were both online teachers for the company and in the beginning everything went well, we did the work and they paid us. During peak season we worked crazy hours to do as many slots as possible and to get paid a great salary (which was meant to be paid out yesterday) only to receive an e-mail saying they went bankrupt. WHICH IS A LIE! Some teachers are still appointed with them and also got their salary so they didn’t even close the company but they let a lot of teachers believe they are now bankrupt and blocked all of our accounts to possibly reach them. They are scammers! Yeko is a Chinese online school. The teaching is flexible, and you will be able to close and open slots whenever you want. You will be teaching one on one to adult students who are professionals or group lessons to children. There are 8-15 children in each group class. The starting pay is $11 per hour with all payments being made through Paypal. With the group lessons you can make up to $15 per hour. There is an extra bonus of $10 for each student that signs up after a demo class. Each hour consists of three 20-minute slots with each slot being worth $4. If the student is a no-show, you will still be paid. They offer monthly bonuses for teachers who teach the most slots or get the highest amount of positive feedback for the online lessons they have taught. You will be using Chrome to teach all of your lessons.
Job Overview for Online ESL Teacher
Pay Rate per Hour:
one-on-one group lessons 8-15
Elementary & Junior (age 5-15)
High School & College Prep (age 15-18)
Adult (age 18+)
Early Morning (6am-9am)
Late Afternoon (3pm-6pm)
Job Details for Online ESL Teacher
Native North American
Native Australian/New Zealand
Native South Africa
Min Hours Week:
Min Uploading: 2 MB/s
Min Downloading: 8 MB/s
Online ESL Teacher Job Description
- CLASS TYPE: Online classroom class;
- 8-15 students in a classroom
- students are 5-13 years old (25 min)
- Salary per hour: 11 USD to 15 USD
- Extra 10 USD for demo class with kids signing up
- Schedule: Flexible (Beijing time) Mon to Sun 7:00 am to 12:00 pm (20 hours per week as a minimum working hour request)
- Teachers can open and close their schedule by themselves. And Schedule should be open 3 days in advance.
- Material: We provide material for every class.
- Platform: Tutors use Chrome to enter the classroom.
- Very flexible. Teachers have the ability to close and open slots whenever they want. It’s advisable to have them open a few days in advance, but it’s great having this much flexibility. Every week you can adjust classes to your life, not the other way round.
- Yeko has lots of adult students, many of whom work for large international companies and so they are smart, well educated, well-travelled and very interesting to teach.
- There are also kid classes for those of you who enjoy teaching younger learners.
- No class prep! You really don’t need to prepare at all other than a cursory look at the material students has chosen.
- Classes are just one on one and if you have an interesting student you get along with, it’s more just like a chat with a good friend than an actual class.
- If a student is a no-show you still get paid.
- There are monthly bonuses for teachers who teach the most slots or get the best feedback.
- It’s great for busy people or people that need flexibility.
- Students choose who they book so if they love your style of teaching then you´ll be very popular and always busy.
Online ESL Teacher Job Requirements
1. European non-native speakers or native speakers
2. Positive attitude
3. Be open to the on the job training
4. A certificate in TEFL, TESOL, CELTA or equivalent is preferred
5. Relevant teaching experience is preferred
6. Closer time zone to Beijing time is preferred
How to Apply to Online ESL Teacher?
Company Information for Yeko