Review: Lingo Live is currently not hiring however you can still sign up and they will contact you if they are interested. They are out of North America and are looking for native English speakers. Your students will be adults from some of the major tech companies in the United States. It is best if you have some sort of background in software engineering, UI design, marketing, or sales. Most of the students are intermediate and advanced speakers. The lessons are 45-minute one-on-one sessions with a 15-minute follow-up for written feedback. This is a great job for those of you who are teachers and also had real-world experience at tech companies.
Job Overview for Lingo Live:
Pay Rate per Hour:
Native North American
Min Hours Week:
Min Uploading: MB/s
We are not currently hiring, however, you may submit your application for general consideration. We will reach out if there is a fit. Thank you!
Company and Learner Profile
Lingo Live offers language and communication training for the tech leaders of the 21st century. Our clients are leading innovators such as Google, Eventbrite, and Outbrain. We believe that the best work happens when everyone is empowered to share their ideas and is invested in listening to what everyone around them has to say. We think that tech companies, and all communities, benefit from a variety of perspectives and life experiences. The way we see it, our world is becoming more interconnected all the time, and that’s a good thing. It’s a way forward. It means more growth, more innovation and more opportunities – for all of us.
A typical Lingo Live learner, or student, is a high-performing tech professional in software engineering, UI/UX design, management, marketing, or sales who works in their nonnative language, usually English. Lingo Live also has six other supplemental language programs: Japanese, Mandarin, Spanish, French, Italian, and Portuguese. The majority are intermediate or advanced speakers. Our learners are both highly specialized and highly driven.
Are you an expert in one or more of the following areas?
- PRONUNCIATION – accent, stress patterns, understanding & being understood, intonation, vocabulary, comprehension
- PRESENTATIONS – impromptu or prepared, vocal variety, body language, public speaking, motivating, storytelling
- CULTURAL – figurative language, humor, immersion, awareness, sensitivity, metaphor
- INTERPERSONAL SKILLS – socializing, networking, collaboration, persuasion, negotiation, speaking up, explaining
- WRITING – clear and concise, actionable, grammar, literary devices, style and structure, proofread/edit
- LEADERSHIP – self advocacy, empowerment, conflict resolution, empathy, mentoring, feedback
Lingo Live is hiring Language and Communication Coaches with an established content area of expertise that aligns with one or many of the popular areas of learner interest (see above). Our coaches serve as trusted mentors, helping learners evolve as communicators and professionals.
Coaches report the following top contributors to job satisfaction: the mission of Lingo Live makes their work feel important, Lingo Live is a place to professionally develop and others at Lingo Live are committed to good work. 91.5% of our coaches say they are satisfied working with Lingo Live, echoing sentiments such as “It allows one to have freedom yet a voice. It encourages without smothering. It guides yet doesn’t criticize.” Lingo Live works hard to take coach voice into account as we develop our product — 91.4% of coaches say they feel supported by their Community Manager and that they feel comfortable reaching out or scheduling a meeting at any time.
Applicants MUST be comfortable with technology, have access to high speed broadband Internet from a personal computer, and be able to work a minimum of 15 hours weekly with a flexible schedule to accommodate learners. This is a work-from-home position.
Key Coach Responsibilities
- Host 45-minute 1-on-1 sessions via video classroom with learners, followed by a 15-minute window for written feedback
- Design or creatively adapt resources to actively engage learners in the virtual classroom via Lingo Live’s proprietary impact-based approach
- Deliver engaging, meaningful, well-prepared lessons, targeted to help the learner grow in their most critical areas of language or communication
- Hold learners accountable to their learning goals, roadmap future areas for improvement, and clearly demonstrate where and how they’re making progress
- Provide high quality, timely, and constructive feedback to learners that falls in-line with learning objectives
- Build relationships and rapport with learners, discovering points of connection
- A proven track record of exceptional quality instruction and strong achievement results with 3+ years experience as a language, business, communication or life coach/teacher
- Expertise in one or more of the following areas: pronunciation, writing, presentation, culture, interpersonal skills and leadership
- Familiarity coaching online and using online tools (e.g. materials sharing, virtual classroom, Google Drive)
- Intimate knowledge of multiple cultures and languages
- Native linguistic and cultural proficiency in the language you’re applying to coach
- A reliable internet connection with an upload and download speed of at least 1.2 megabits per second, a webcam and external headset or microphone and headphones.
- An independent strategist who knows how to manage your time and materials
- An organic relationship builder who is a great conversationalist, active listener and understands how to work with adult learners
- Empathetic, intuitive and adaptable under changing circumstances
- Tactful in showing consideration for and maintain good relations with others of different cultural backgrounds and experiences
- Per each 45-minute session and 15-minute written feedback window
- Other paid opportunities include but are not limited to marketing efforts, pilot programs, material design and professional development workshops.
Sound like the right fit for you? Fill out the application below and attach your resume to apply. You may attach a cover letter, as well, if you wish. We have a small review and interview team that tries their best to address all applications in a timely fashion.