Review: ALO7 has a base pay of $7.50 for each 25-minute class ($15/hour) with incentives. It is working with Chinese students so the peak hours are 6PM-9PM Beijing time. The majority of classes are 1-3, one tutor, three students. There are some 1-1 classes and some 1 – many (3 or more) classes too. ALO7 provides all materials and training. You do not need to have a North American accent to apply or be accepted to teach. What is unique about this company is that they work with enrichment schools in China, not through parents. Schools will book tutors for 20-40 weeks in a row. This means that there is reliable and consistent work, and tutors are able to work with the same students week after week.
Job Overview for ALO7
Pay Rate per Hour
Teaching Experience in Years
Minimal Hours per week
Internet Speed (MB/s)
- The range will be USD$15 ~ USD$22 per hour.
- Class schedule: 6pm to 10pm Beijing Standard time ( 6am to 10am EST DST) Monday through Sunday
- Class size: 1 Tutor to 3+ students
- Class duration: 25 minutes or 50 minutes
- Student age group: Age 3 to Age 18
- An Online Classroom: Access to a smart online platform making it easy for you to operate. You can teach from all the world with just a desktop or laptop and high-speed internet,
- Curriculum and Teaching Methods: You will be provided all the curriculum material and shown the best way to teach by our academic team, so this does not require teaching experience. We provide everything for you to succeed!
- Tutor support system: You will have a personalized support team at all times.
- English native speakers from US, Canada, UK and Australia.It means that you were born and grew up in any of these countries. You have valid government ID such as passport, birth certificate etc. Passport is highly preferred.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in any field or current enrollment in a four-year college program.
- TESOL / TEFL or any other ESL certificate is strongly preferred.
- Tutoring/teaching / mentoring experience is preferred.
- Enjoy tutoring through digital media.
- Enjoy working with children.
- Stable free time during peak tutoring hours.
- Minimal weekly hour commitment: No minimum required, but would recommend at least open 6 hours per work during tutoring hours. However this is recommendation not a requirement.
- Native speakers from US, Canada, UK and Australia
- Bachelor’s degree or 4-year College enrollment is required
- Teaching experience is not required, but preferred
- TEFL/TESOL/CELTA certificate requirement: Not required, but preferred.
- Great thing about this job? Alo7 is the largest digital curriculum provider for K-12 ESL in China. Alo7’s Genius English was on the finalist of ESL software at 2017 CODiE award in US. Apple and other companies won this award during earlier days.
Peak Tutoring Hours
All times are EST, General rules:
- If you are in USA, most available hours are in the early morning.
- If you are in Asia, most available hours are at night.
- If you are in Europe, most available hours are in the middle of the day.
|Monday ~ Sunday|
|China Time||6:00pm to 9:00pm|
|EST Normal Winter time||5:00am to 8:00am|
|EST Daylight Saving time||6:00am to 9:00am|
You are also welcome to tutor as many hours as you can during Peak Time and Non-Peak time.
The hiring process can be as fast and efficient as two weeks after the initial interview.
Sign Up to Receive the Latest or Matching Job Updates from OETJobs
ALO7.com was founded by Pengkai Pan, who holds a PHD from Media Lab of MIT. Its initial angel investors include digital pioneer Professor Nicholas Negroponte, who is MIT Media Lab Founder, and several international venture capital companies. ALO7 is the largest digital ELT (English Language Teaching) product and solutions provider in China with more than 10M registered users and more than 2,000 training school partners. We are revolutionizing the way English is learned and taught throughout China, from how schools are managed to how schools and homes are connected in the mobile Internet age. Alo7 aims to be the largest online education platform in 2018 as large educational institutions in China are all Alo7’s partners. Currently these partner schools are using Alo7’s digital curriculum in the classroom setting and they start to offer Alo7’s online tutoring services to their existing student bases with an aggregated number of easily exceeding one million.
Founded in 2004. HQ in Shanghai, China. www.alo7.com/en/