Online ESL Teacher for YiYi English
Summary(Review): YiYi English is looking for enthusiastic teachers to help their students achieve their educational goals. All teachers work from home and connect with students online over video. Teachers are provided state-of-the-art lesson plans. The students are based in China, which is around 12 hours ahead of the US. Most US-based teachers work in the morning. International applicants are also encouraged to apply. YiYi English hires both native and non-native speakers to teach Chinese kids from 5-15 years of age. TEFL/TESOL certification is not required but is preferred. The educational requirements are that you must have at least a bachelor degree. You should have experience working with English as a Second Language (ESL/TESL) and must be willing to work early in the morning since the students are based in China. The base pay is fairly high at $15-$20 per hour, along with bonuses and pay raises.
Job Overview for Online ESL Teacher
Pay Rate per Hour:
Elementary & Junior (age 5-15)
High School & College Prep (age 15-18)
Late Afternoon (3pm-6pm)
Job Details for Online ESL Teacher
Native North American
Native Australian/New Zealand
Native South Africa
Bachelor or above
Min Hours Week:
Min Uploading: MB/s
Min Downloading: MB/s
Online ESL Teacher Job Description
Are you looking for flexible, rewarding work you can do from home?
YiYi English is an education startup, and our mission is to provide the highest quality English lessons to eager students in China. Our teachers offer one-on-one lessons to children ages 5-15.
We are looking for enthusiastic teachers to help our students achieve their educational goals. Our teachers work from home and connect with students online over video. We provide teachers with a state-of-the-art lesson plan.
- Morning availability. Our students are based in China, which is around 12 hours ahead of the US. Most US-based teachers work in the morning. International applicants are also encouraged to apply.
- Commitment. We ask our teachers make a 6 month or 1-year commitment to ensure continuity for our students.
- Responsibility. Our students look forward to their lessons and we depend on teachers to show up consistently for lessons or let us know ahead of time if they are going to leave.
- This is a part-time remote role
Online ESL Teacher Job Requirements
- NO experience required – as long as you have a high-speed internet connection & a headset, and you are good to go. We provide all the training, so you can get started in just 3 days.
- Both Native and Non-Native Speakers
- Not Required / No Preference
- Native English speaker or speak the language at an advanced idiomatic level.
- Good communication skills.
- Experience with or an interest in teaching or working with children.
- Experience working in English as a Second Language (ESL/TESL) preferred.
- Familiarity with MS Office programs, such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- High-speed internet connection.
- [Optional] familiar with the Chinese culture or language.
Online ESL Teacher Salary and Compensation
- Salary: $15-$20 per hour; subject to bonuses and pay raises
How to Apply to Online ESL Teacher?
Company Information for YiYi English
YiYiEnglish is an e-learning platform specializing in English instruction. We’re building the best English learning platform in the world – no compromises. To make this happen, we are bringing together the latest technology, the most effective curriculum, and of course, the best people.