Review: YiYi English hires both native and non-native speakers to teach Chinese kids from 5-15 years of age. You should have experience working with English as a Second Language (ESL/TESL) and must be willing to work early in the morning since the students are based in China. The base pay is fairly high at $15-$20 per hour, along with bonuses and pay raises.
Job Overview for YiYi English
Pay Rate per Hour:
Job Requirements for YiYi English
Native North American
Native Australian/New Zealand
Native South Africa
Min Hours Week:
Min Uploading: MB/s
Min Downloading: MB/s
Are you looking for flexible, rewarding work you can do from home?
YiYi English is an education startup, and our mission is to provide the highest quality English lessons to eager students in China. Our teachers offer one-on-one lessons to children ages 5-15
Just bring your computer, your passion for teaching, and we’ll do the rest.
We are looking for enthusiastic teachers to help our students achieve their educational goals. Our teachers work from home and connect with students online over video. We provide teachers with a state-of-the-art lesson plan.
- Both Native and Non-Native Speakers
- Not Required / No Preference
- Morning availability. Our students are based in China, which is around 12 hours ahead of the US. Most US-based teachers work in the morning. International applicants are also encouraged to apply.
- Commitment. We ask our teachers make a 6 month or 1-year commitment to ensure continuity for our students.
- Responsibility. Our students look forward to their lessons and we depend on teachers to show up consistently for lessons or let us know ahead of time if they are going to leave.
- Good communication skills.
- Experience with or an interest in teaching or working with children.
- Native English speaker or speak the language at an advanced idiomatic level.
- Experience working in English as a Second Language (ESL/TESL) preferred.
- Familiarity with MS Office programs, such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- High-speed internet connection.
- [Optional] familiar with the Chinese culture or language.
- This is a part-time remote role
- Salary: $15-$20 per hour; subject to bonuses and pay raises