Review: Bling ABC hires native English speakers with a neutral accent. You need to have a bachelor’s degree or above and with TEFL/TESOL/CELTA or locally recognizable teaching credentials. Having prior ESL teaching experience teaching kids will give you an advantage. They required you to have a desktop or laptop with Windows OS or Mac OS, webcam, and headset, and a fast stable Internet connection. You will be teaching Chinese kids in group lessons of up to three students in each class. All teaching materials are provided so you only need to show up and teach. The pay ranges from $21-27 per hour through direct bank deposit between 10th and 15th of the month. We have seen a few reports where Bling has not paid their teachers.
Job Overview for Bling ABC:
Pay Rate per Hour:
Elementary & Junior (age 5-15)
Native North American
Bachelor or above
Min Hours Week:
Min Uploading: MB/s
- Pay rate:
- A base rate of USD $21-27/hour according to qualifications.
- USD $24-32/hour with bonuses
- Up to USD $51/hour for teachers with exceptional background and teaching performance.
Yes, during different promotional period, we offer bonus for add teaching on weekend or substitution under short-notice.
For each contract term (6-month), with positive feedback from students, and good evaluation from our trainers, teachers will get a raise at contract renewal.
- Bachelor’s Degree or above.
- TEFL/TESOL/CELTA or locally recognizable teaching credentials.
- Native English speakers with a neutral accent.
- ESL teaching experience, Kids-teaching experience is a plus.
- Fast & stable Internet connection
What is the application process?
- Sign up on our website.
- Fill out the application and upload your CV/resume.
- If you pass our initial screening, you will receive an e-mail for demo interview scheduling.
- Schedule an interview and demo class.
- Pass the demo interview.
- Sign service agreement.
- Pass orientation and training sessions.
- Ready for teaching.
How do I schedule an interview?
- Once you complete your application from t.blingabc.com and passed the initial screening, you will receive an e-mail with instructions for scheduling an interview.
What do I need to prepare for the interview?
- Quiet background without noise. Good lighting in front of the webcam. Please review and prepare your assigned demo class material
How can I be successful in an interview?
- Be on time for the interview. Be prepared for your demo class. Candidates will be evaluated on the following aspects:
- TPR & Demonstration
- An appropriate level of input to students (speaking pace, the difficulty of words, sentence length)
- Supplementary Teaching Tools
- Error Correction
- Energy Level
- Instructions giving
Can I re-apply after the first application not being successful?
- Yes, but you can only do it after 3 months from your previous application.
Do I need to prepare all my teaching materials?
- No, at BlingABC we provide our teachers with teaching materials that are done by professional academic teams. So our teachers are more focused on delivering an excellent class experience for students.
How many students will I be teaching?
- Up to 3 students in each class. However, do anticipate sometimes not all the students will show up in class.
Do I need to stay in the classroom when students did not show up or dropped off-line?
- Yes, it is required to stay in the classroom to ensure your attendance. There are robots randomly monitor classes and will alert our administration when no one appears inside a classroom.
1. How often do I meet with my students?
- All students will meet with their teacher twice a week at a fixed time (May vary occasionally for Chinese national holidays)
2. How are classes being scheduled?
- All our classes are set to meet twice per week, but these two times generally happen every other day, so availability on only two consecutive days like Monday and Tuesday does not work for our scheduling.
3. How long do I teach the same group of students?
- Our classes are preset by season and school terms, estimated times are shown below: Winter term: From January to February, Spring term: From March to July,Summer term: From July to August,Fall term: From September to December,Date varies based on school’s calendar each year.
4. What’s the minimum amount of hours I will be scheduled?
- Our classes are being scheduled weeks in advance before a term starts, so only teachers come on-board early and completed all training will be eligible to schedule classes. Once a term has already started, we will only need teachers for the next term. The earlier application will most likely be scheduled.
- We offer direct bank deposit to teachers’ bank accounts
- Teachers are responsible for their own taxes according to their local laws.
- Every month, all teachers will be paid between the 10th and the 15th.
- We offer competitive pay in online teaching business. Teachers will be paid with an hourly rate of $21-27 USD according to qualifications.
- Yes, during a different promotional period, we offer a bonus for add teaching on weekend or substitution under short-notice.
- For each contract term (6-month), with positive feedback from students, and good evaluation from our trainers, teachers will get a raise at contract renewal.
- For classes canceled within 24 hours of start, teachers will be paid.
Sign Up to Receive the Latest or Matching Job Updates from OETJobs