Review: Bling ABC hires native English speakers with a neutral accent. You need to have a bachelor’s degree or above and with TEFL/TESOL/CELTA or locally recognizable teaching credentials. Having prior ESL teaching experience teaching kids will give you an advantage. They required you to have a desktop or laptop with Windows OS or Mac OS, webcam, and headset, and a fast stable Internet connection. You will be teaching Chinese kids in group lessons of up to three students in each class. All teaching materials are provided so you only need to show up and teach. The pay ranges from $21-27 per hour through direct bank deposit between 10th and 15th of the month.
Job Overview for BlingABC
Pay Rate per Hour:
3 for regular class, up to 25 for large group class
Elementary & Junior (age 5-15)
Job Requirements for BlingABC
Native North American
Native Australian/New Zealand
Native South Africa
Bachelor or above
Min Hours Week:
Min Uploading: 10 MB/s
Min Downloading: 20 MB/s
BlingABC Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree or above.
- TEFL/TESOL/CELTA or locally recognizable teaching credentials.
- Native English speakers with a neutral accent.
- 1 yr+ ESL teaching experience, Kids-teaching experience is a plus.
- Fast & stable Internet connection
BlingABC Job Description
- Pay rate:
- A base rate of USD $21-27/hour according to qualifications.
- USD $25-38/hour with bonuses
Yes, we offer bonus for teaching on weekend, substitution under 24-hour notice, perfect attendance, etc.
Each contract term is 6-month for teachers to start. Not all teachers will get a raise for contract renewal. At BlingABC, teachers’ commitment, attendance, career length, positive feedback from clients, and evaluation from trainers are all aspects we consider whether a teacher will be able to get a raise.
1. How often do I meet with my students?
- All students meet with their teachers twice a week at a fixed time with the exception of Chinese national holidays.
2. How are classes being scheduled?
- All regular classes are set to meet twice per week, but are generally on every other day. Therefore, availability set on two consecutive days will not allow for any classes to be scheduled. However, the schedule for other class types such as 1-on-6 or large group class with up to 24 students may vary.
3. How long do I teach the same group of students?
- Our classes are set by season and school terms. The estimated times are shown below:Winter term: January to February,Spring term: March to July,Summer term: July to August,Fall term: September to December,Dates may vary based on the school’s calendar.
4. What’s the minimum amount of hours I will be scheduled?
- Our classes are scheduled weeks in advance before the start of a term, so only teachers who come on-board early and complete all the required trainings will be prioritized for class scheduling. Teachers who apply during the middle of a semester will be put on standby until the next semester with the possibility of working in the capacity of a substitute or demo teacher if conditions are met.
BlingABC does offer small class size like 1-on-3 and 1-on-6. In addition, we do offer large group class like 15, 18 20,25 students. For the large group class, teachers need to pass additional specific training session and mock class, as well as meeting requirement for higher hardware specs and internet connection. The beneficial part of teaching large group class is teachers get $6 extra dollars per 40-min lesson comparing to the smaller classes. And large group class has no need to write comments for students you’ve taught each lesson.
BlingABC Salary and Compensation
- We offer direct bank deposit to teachers’ bank accounts
- Teachers are responsible for their own taxes according to their local laws.
- All teachers will be paid between the 10th and the 15th for the previous worked month (e.g. March payment will be transferred between April the 10th and the 15th ).
- We offer competitive pay in online teaching business. Base payrate from $21-27 USD/hr according to qualifications, $33-38/hr with bonus.
- We offer bonus for teaching on weekend, substitution under 24-hour notice, perfect attendance, etc.
- Each contract term is 6-month for teachers to start. Not all teachers will get a raise for contract renewal. At BlingABC, teachers’ commitment, attendance, career length, positive feedback from clients, and evaluation from trainers are all aspects we consider whether a teacher will be able to get a raise.
- For classes canceled within 48 hours of start, teachers will be paid.
How to Apply to BlingABC?
BlingABC Interview Process & Tips
- Sign up on our website.
- Fill out the application and upload your CV/resume.
- If you pass our initial screening, you will receive an e-mail for demo interview scheduling.
- Schedule an interview and demo class.
- Pass the demo interview.
- Sign service agreement.
- Pass orientation and training sessions.
- Ready for teaching.
1.How do I schedule an interview?
- Once you complete your application from t.blingabc.com and passed the initial screening, you will receive an e-mail with instructions for scheduling an interview.
2.What do I need to prepare for the interview?
- Quiet background without noise. Good lighting in front of the webcam. Please review and prepare your assigned demo class material
3. How can I be successful in an interview?
- Be on time for the interview. Be prepared for your demo class. Candidates will be evaluated on the following aspects:
- TPR & Demonstration
- An appropriate level of input to students (speaking pace, the difficulty of words, sentence length)
- Supplementary Teaching Tools
- Error Correction
- Energy Level
- Instructions giving
4. Can I re-apply after the first application not being successful?
- Yes, but you can only do it after 3 months from your previous application.
School Info of BlingABC
BlingABC is an online English teaching company that brings world-class teaching resources into the homes of local Chinese children through our advanced online platform. We are an affiliate of New Oriental Education and Technology Group which, on September 7th, 2006, was successfully listed on the New York Stock Exchange, becoming China’s first overseas listed education and training institution. New Oriental is currently the largest educational service provider in China.