Note: DaDa recently reduces the hiring volume, so expect longer turnaround time
Review: DaDa pays at $16-25 per hour for teaching children, age 4-16. It is more realistic that you will make in the $16-20 per hour, which is still great for teaching online, especially considering there is close to zero preparation for this job. DaDa is bit strict on the degree and nationalities, you MUST have a Bachelor’s degree and US/Canada/UK/Australia nationality strongly preferred. TEFL certification is optional, but it does help and with nearly all companies it is good to have a TEFL or other certification. They have a fixed schedule with a requirement of at least four hours a week. If you are a Spanish teacher, they also teach Spanish.
- Hourly Rate: $16-25 per hour
- Student Age Group: age 4-16
- Class Size: One-on-one
- Class Length: 30 min
- The number of Class Session per week:
- Class Schedule:
- Mon – Fri: 6:00pm-9:10pm
- Sat – Sun: 10:00am-12:06pm; 2:00pm-4:06pm; 6:00pm-9:10pm
- (Beijing time)
- Minimal weekly commitment: 4 hours
- Max weekly hours 20 hours
- A Bachelor’s degree is strictly required
- US/Canada/UK/Australia nationality strongly preferred
- Contract Length: 6 or 12 months
- Speak English at an idiomatic level (neutral accent)
Compensation & Offer
- Paid contracted non-teaching hours.
- Standby payment. You will get payment in your contract hours even though you don’t have classes.
- TESOL/TEFL certification is preferred, or willingness to obtain certification
- Teaching experience preferred
Job Overview for DaDa
Pay Rate per Hour
Teaching Experience in Years
Minimal Hours per week
Internet Speed (MB/s)
DaDa had recently rebranded to DaDa from DaDaABC, even the logo has changed.
Here are a series of videos to help you get a job at DaDaABC:
If you can use Facebook and operate a slideshow then you can use their digital platform. If you can teach a class of 30, well one-to-one will be a breeze. Most of the children are extremely well-behaved and eager to learn.
Should have a bachelor’s degree or TEFL certificate and be a native English speaker.
Weekday hours are 6 – 9 pm Beijing time Monday to Friday.
The weekend offers a range of hours from morning to night. At least 14 available hours over the weekend.
Contract time is guaranteed & requires an ongoing 6-month commitment, but part-time hours are flexible. The minimum is 2 hours.
- Good pay $16-25 USD an hour with most teachers making $16-20 on average
- The interview is straightforward- Interview and internet connection test. One demo class with an ACTUAL student.
- Curriculum/lesson plan made for you, basically look at it really quickly the day before/right before class.
- Class length is 30 min or 14 min for a trial class. Super flexible what you can do. Play a lot of games in class or sing songs to supplement teaching material. Free talk about whatever the student wants to talk about
- Your schedule fills up FAST! Plus, even if you don’t have a class you still get paid (half pay).
- Good bonuses on a flexible and seasonal basis.
- Must work at least 2 days for 2 hours. Not that big a deal, but less flexible than other online places.
- They pay in RMB, so have to transfer money, the fee for that, plus conversion fee. I use PayPal, the first paycheck was about 5% taken for fee/exchange.
- If you take more than two days off a month there is a 10% reduction.
- You have to do assessments after each lesson.
Tip: You can do a 6 month or 12-month contract. Negotiate pay based on the length of a contract. If you are going to do a 12-month contract, ask for $25 US. You’ll settle on around $20. Also, if 6 months is too long, ask about doing a 3-month contract instead. I’m on a 6 month because I want to negotiate more than $20 USD per hour ASAP
What devices do I need?
- A computer with a webcam (HD webcam preferred);
- A headset with microphone;
- Stable Internet connection (wired connection preferred);
- Google Chrome browser or DaDa Class software.
What’s the recruiting process like?
- Uploading CV/resume
- Initial interview
- Internet connection testing & system training
- TPR training
- Watch the video records of qualified teachers
- Demo class
- Sign contract
- Start paid work!
There Is A Mentor Available For Qualified Teachers
Laura – Mentor for DaDaABC
Laura is a teacher for DaDaABC from the UK. She is a traveler as well and has taught in three different countries. She gave up teaching at brick and mortar schools for teaching ESL online. Take a listen to her video on her teacher diary page for more information.
Sign Up to Receive the Latest or Matching Job Updates from OETJobs
DaDa has raised the equivalent of $100 million USD in C-round financing from Tiger Global Fund and TAL Education Group.