Online Part-Time Faculty - K-12+ Science/Math/Technology Education for American Public University System (APUS)
Summary(Review): American Public University System (APUS) is a for-profit, online learning institution that is composed of American Military University (AMU) and American Public University (APU). They are hiring online teaching faculty in various subjects, from Security and Global Studies, K12, Humanities in STEM, Electrical Engineering, Statistics, and more.
Job Overview for Online Part-Time Faculty - K-12+ Science/Math/Technology Education
Pay Rate per Hour:
High School & College Prep (age 15-18)
Adult (age 18+)
Late Afternoon (3pm-6pm)
Job Details for Online Part-Time Faculty - K-12+ Science/Math/Technology Education
Native North American
Native Australian/New Zealand
Native South Africa
Bachelor or above
Min Hours Week:
Min Uploading: 5 MB/s
Min Downloading: 10 MB/s
Online Part-Time Faculty - K-12+ Science/Math/Technology Education Job Description
Synopsis of Role
Part-time and full-time teaching faculty share our commitment to learning, teaching, interaction with students and faculty, service to our communities of practice, and scholarship. They are united by the common goal of inspiring academic excellence in students with a broad range of interests and experiences consistent with the Community of Inquiry Framework as adopted by APUS for cognitive presence, teaching presence, and social presence. They are key to creating a rewarding online learning experience for students by engaging them, challenging them, and supporting them. They contribute to and participate in a range of activities related to effectiveness and excellence in teaching and student retention. Faculty members remain aware of discipline content intent for the courses they teach. They follow APUS guidelines, processes, and methods and are responsive to mentoring and coaching.
Academic Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Teaching excellence
- Deliver online lessons to undergraduate and/or graduate students.
- Initiate, facilitate, interact and moderate online classroom forums.
- Be a faculty leader in your classes embracing fully the Community of Inquiry Framework of Teaching
- Presence, Cognitive Presence, and Social Presence.
- Evaluate and grade students’ class work, assignments, and papers within the timeframe set forth by APUS policy providing effective feedback to guide student learning and success.
- Comply with APUS guidelines and expectations for quality faculty engagement online.
- Engage in the classroom and reply to emails, etc. at least every other day, including one day during the weekend.
- Remain aware of classroom procedures and use of instructional materials.
- Participate in professional development to enhance teaching skills.
- Attend discipline specific and administrative meetings as scheduled.
- Maintain ‘discipline’ knowledge by participating in one’s own discipline-related professional communities.
- Support APUS initiatives and departments.
Online Part-Time Faculty - K-12+ Science/Math/Technology Education Job Requirements
- Adaptability/Flexibility — Open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace.
- Communication – Ability to communicate information and ideas in writing and speaking so others will understand.
- Cooperation – Pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Critical Thinking – Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Education — Knowledge of principles and methods for teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the assessment measures.
- Initiative – Willing and able to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- Learning Strategies — Selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new things.
- Monitoring — Monitoring/assessing performance of yourself to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Self-Control – Maintain composure, keep emotions in check, control anger, and avoid aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
- Stress Tolerance —Ability to accept criticism and deal calmly and effectively with high stress situations.
Required Education and Experience
- A Doctoral degree in K-12 Science Education/Science Education, K-12 Math Education/Math Education,
- K-12 STEAM, K-12 STEAM, Curriculum & Instruction, K-12 Technology in Education/K-12 Educational
- Technology or closely related field from a regionally accredited institution is required.
- U.S. K-12 teaching experience is required.
- U.S. K-12 or K-6 teaching licensure (active or expired) is required.
- College-level teaching experience is preferred.
- Online teaching experience is preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite programs required.
- Record of excellence in teaching.
Online Part-Time Faculty - K-12+ Science/Math/Technology Education Salary and Compensation
How to Apply to Online Part-Time Faculty - K-12+ Science/Math/Technology Education?
Online Part-Time Faculty - K-12+ Science/Math/Technology Education Interview Process & Tips
Please note: Applicants selected to proceed in the hiring process with conferred degrees from foreign institution(s) will require a course-by-course evaluation completed by a National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) approved agency. All charges associated with official transcripts and foreign transcript evaluations are the responsibility of the applicant and are not reimbursed by APUS.
Company Information for American Public University System (APUS)
American Public University System (APUS) is a for-profit, online learning institution that is composed of American Military University (AMU) and American Public University (APU). APUS is wholly owned by American Public Education, Inc., a publicly traded private-sector corporation (NASDAQ: APEI). APUS maintains corporate and academic offices in Charles Town, West Virginia and administrative offices in Manassas, Virginia